Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000 and Imageprint  (Read 2184 times)

jmccart

ipf5000 and Imageprint
« on: December 25, 2006, 08:41:31 am »

On June 27, 2006 Michael shared with us that Colorbyte was estimating a version of Imageprint for the ipf5000 in 60 to 90 days.  Obviously, the task of profiling with 11 active inks is more of a challenge than originally estimated.  Any update on when a version will be available?
Happy Holidays,
Jerry

michael

ipf5000 and Imageprint
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 08:51:14 am »

The issue isn't profiling the 11 inks, that's straightforward. Support for the iPF5000 and the HP Z series will appear when the next generation of Imageprint is ready, which is what is taking them more time than they had anticipated.

I spoke with Colorbytes a couple of weeks ago and they said then that they hoped to have it ready before the new year. We'll, they've got another week, but don't hold your breath.

I expect to get a review copy just as soon as it's ready, and will announce here when it arrives and my testing starts.

Michael

K.C.

ipf5000 and Imageprint
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:47:14 am »

I spoke with Colorbytes a couple of weeks ago and they said then that they hoped to have it ready before the new year. We'll, they've got another week, but don't hold your breath.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92246\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In November it was going to be ready by the end of the month. As Michael has said they made the same claim for December.

Eventually their claim that they're releasing it at the end of the month will be true.  

photographist

• Dancing with Light Photography
ipf5000 and Imageprint
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:47:16 am »

Waiting can be a drag, but frankly... I'd rather have the product arive in good shape an up to their [Colorbyte] usual very high standards!
Pages: [1]   Go Up