Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 vs Premium SemiMatte  (Read 2901 times)

tvalleau

3800 vs Premium SemiMatte
« on: December 23, 2006, 07:09:51 pm »

Howdy...

I'm about to have a go at using Epson Premium SemiMatte (a great paper, btw) with my new 3800. I'll have to flatten it first (it's a roll paper) but was wondering if anyone had tried using that paper yet.

I'm assuming I'll have to use Premium Luster as the setting, since it's an RC paper... but would be interested in hearing any experiences first.

Also... is it the roll issue that makes it unsupported... or some kind of RC issue. I see that it's a listed paper for the 4800 et al, so it should be OK with K3 inks...

TIA

(Oh... and since this is my first post here, I'll point out that "Tracy" is a guy...  :-)

Cordially

Tracy
tracyvalleau.com

laarree

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 10:13:06 pm »

I'm assuming I'll have to use Premium Luster as the setting, since it's an RC paper... but would be interested in hearing any experiences first.
There's a paper "Proofing Paper SemiMatte" listed with the Photo Black paper grouping
on my Mac's Print Settings for the Epson 3800.  Is there a difference between your SemiMatte
paper and this paper from Epson?

tvalleau

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 11:29:24 pm »

There's a paper "Proofing Paper SemiMatte" listed with the Photo Black paper grouping
on my Mac's Print Settings for the Epson 3800.  Is there a difference between your SemiMatte
paper and this paper from Epson?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep: I saw that... and I don't know the answer... they're both RCs though...

I guess there's nothing else to do but try and see!  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up