Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathing Color  (Read 2638 times)

Waterford_photographer

Breathing Color
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:33:49 pm »

Has anyone tried Breathing Color's papers?
I just recieved a trial kit of 4 rolls of 17 x 20 paper, curious to know if anyone else has tried their papers.
http://www.breathingcolor.com/

holmherzer

Breathing Color
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 12:34:23 pm »

I have used some of the Breathing color paper and it was pretty good but they seemed like a flakey company to deal with. It was a while ago and I ordered 4 different roll samples. The boxes were not clearly marked and when I called them to find out what was in each box  the guy I talked to was doing his best to guess as to what was in each box because he said that I had boxes with old lables.

I had asked this same question on another forum and a guy replied that he used to be their distributor in England but he quit because their quality control was bad and the paper inconsistent. The Velvet was good but didn't have the dmax (just using my eye) as the Epson FAV unless you used the Glamour 2 Varnish.

I read somewhere that they had brought in new people and had made some changes a while back but I have not bought from them in a while so things might have changed. Please post how you like the samples you have.

David

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
Breathing Color
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:04:20 pm »

I have used quite a bit of Breathing Color Stirling 250gsm. Very smooth, no OBAs, slightly off white, acid free cotton.It has the typical look of a fine etching paper. A number of artists printing here prefer it to  other matte art papers. It profiles well and is as consistent as any other paper. The company has a direct marketing approach which keeps prices down. Packaging is OK but not slick and is a little inconsistent.I have found them responsive to any hassles. A phone call to a local number here in Australia automatically switches you to the marketing manager in the USA. He must sleep during the day.They are a bit cagey about how the manufacturing line works. The best information I have is that paper is European , probably Italian (Fabriano ?), with coating in the USA. Any further information here would be interesting. Their so called "Flagship" product is "Elegance". which  is very similar to Hahnemuhle PhotoRag in gamut (ie very good)  and texture .
Cheers
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up