Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase bundle with Horsemann / Cambo  (Read 12753 times)

zzzone

Phase bundle with Horsemann / Cambo
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »

I'm curious to know what you didn't like about the Horseman.

Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94491\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Kumar

I think the lens is upside down!!!

The Kapture cable between the Rodenstock 35mm/4.5 lens and the P45 runs most awkwardly across the body of the Horseman.  Mount the lens upside down and the cable hangs so much better without stretching, getting in the way of the veiwfinder, P45 screen and without getting in the way of the down shift.  The only problem then really is the lens marks are then underneath the lens but they are absolutely no use anyway.  I have had this lot two days now and it is just not set up at all well.  To achieve infinity focus you need to set the lens on 5m lens mark!!  Unfortunately the edges are then way off focus.  Set the lens on about 4m lens mark and the edge focus is much better but the centre is soft.  That's a worry!

Furthermore I think the above comment regarding locking the shift is relevant.  And also I don't like the four lens screws either.  All of the screw heads are small and would definately be a problem in the cold!!

Why I went for the Horseman over the Cambo was that it is smaller, you can stitch images in either direction and lastly I understood that portrait/ landscape formats could only be achieved with the Cambo using only a V mount, which I didn't want.  (I have read contributions that are contradictory in this respect so any comment would be appreciated)

At present the Phase demo Cambo I have been using is being returned to me because I have a very important job to do tomorrow.

So overall I am completely unimpressed.

Steve

TorbenEskerod

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 03:07:02 pm »

xx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:50:00 am by TorbenEskerod »

pixjohn

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »

I use the Cambo Wide DS and think its a very high quality camera, and easy to use. I also thought you had to turn the camera to shoot vertical but I was wrong. (Thats what I get for listening to Calumet in LA) I have never used the Horseman, but you can't go wrong with the Cambo. I just wish they put the handle on the opposite side for handheld shooting.

yaya

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 04:20:37 pm »

The Cambo WD-S can be used with all four mounts: V-Series, Contax, Mamiya AFD and H

For the V it comes with plate that is screwed on and can take the back in either vertical or horizontal positions.

For all the other 3 mounts, there's a screwed-on plate and another smaller adapter plate that clips in and can be rotated (this one is for Mamiya AFD backs):

I hope this helps

Yair

[span style=\'font-size:7pt;line-height:100%\']Yair Shahar | Regional Manager | Leaf EMEA |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@kodak.com | www.leaf-photography.com  Â 
Leaf, part of Kodak's Graphic Communications Group[/span]

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:22 pm »

I guess I made the right choice when I bought the Cambo   I don't think I've seen a comparison of all the shift cameras. Might be a good resource if it can be done.

Cheers,
Kumar
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up