Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing from Windows to the iPF9000  (Read 2476 times)

Doyle Yoder

Printing from Windows to the iPF9000
« on: December 19, 2006, 11:25:07 am »

I don't normally print from Windows but yesterday I tried printing two 36" x 36" pages of 4x6 prints from Qimage. With Qimage printing both pages, Status Monitor said transmitting for over 20 minutes with nothing happening so I canceled it. When I set it for single page in Qimage it finally started after about 10 minutes once it showed up in Status Monitor but then Qimage would not continue printing until the first page was printed.

I can't believe this is normal behavior on Windows or is it. Qimage to the Epson 9600 starts printing as soon as the spool file starts. Am I missing a setting some where. The Windows box is only a dual 2.4ghz xeons with only 2gb of ram but still if it could print right away to the 9600, what's going on with the iPF9000.

On OS X it starts printing right away as soon as the print job hits the spooler.

Doyle

Jonathan Ratzlaff

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:11:51 pm »

Check to se how spooling for the printer is set up.  You have a choice;  start printing immediately, or wait till the entire file is loaded.  YOu may have it set to the latter in which case it will take a long time before it starts printing.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 07:44:30 am »

Check to se how spooling for the printer is set up.  You have a choice;  start printing immediately, or wait till the entire file is loaded.  YOu may have it set to the latter in which case it will take a long time before it starts printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91515\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have tried that setting in the advanced tab of the windows driver but the file showed printed then just sat there in the Status Monitor without seeming to do anything for over 20 minutes until I cancelled it. When set to print directly to the printer, the print finally started printing after about 10 minutes but held up Qimage printing the next page until it was done printing.

In Status Monitor under driver properties it brings up a window called Device settings with nothing in it. Is that the way it is supposed to be.

It seems it is the Status Monitor that is causing this because 1. the Windows spooler seems to be passing the file along and 2. the behavior going to the Epson 9600 is not like this.

I can't believe this is normal behavior with Status Monitor on Windows since I don't see anyone else complaining about this. But then what some people are will to accept I wouldn't.

Doyle

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:12:48 am »

Hi Doyle,

I'm using a dual core Windows XP machine with the iPF5000.  Admittedly, don't use Qimage, but something definitely sounds wrong.  I've never had to wait more than 20 or 30 seconds for the iPF5000 to start printing a multipage TIFF job.  Sorry I don't have any suggestions other than trying to print from another application to see if you can isolate the problem to specific software or the OS.  Check printer properties in Control Panel and try printing a test sheet there.  It should start up in a matter of seconds.   Possibly a re-install is in order.  Haven't heard of this problem from any XP users before.

Hope you get it sorted out..

Tony
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 10:36:37 am »

Tony, thanks for the reply.

I guess I just going to have to do some testing. The test print started printing right away but that is just such a small file.

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up