Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news on Mamiya  (Read 3096 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Any news on Mamiya
« on: December 19, 2006, 03:24:43 am »

Hi
As a Mamiya user I was talking to a dealer today and they can't get parts or cameras as there is no Mamiya agent since Nov 1st. I know of two dealers that have put up there hands for the agency but no has heard from Japan. After looking at the Hy6 posts its looks like Phase & Mamiya will have to do something. Are there any  Mamiya agent that will sell to dealers here in Australia until we get our own agent? The reason why we don't have an agent anymore is that they lost Nikon........
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

andrewparker

Any news on Mamiya
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:58:17 am »

After looking at the Hy6 posts its looks like Phase & Mamiya will have to do something.
[/quote]

Cosmo Scientific Systems formed a new company with Mamiya with the intention of bringing its software expertise to Mamiya's camera expertise, I read from their May press release.  

Phase One is also a company whose main selling point is its software.

Maybe that's why those of us who like the sound of a Phase One/ Mamiya integrated product will have to wait a bit longer than we had hoped.

Even if an announcement was to be made, Mamiya has a reputation for announcing things that never appear. I still haven't forgotten the 43mm lens they were going to bring out for the RZ, for example, and that was pre-digital.

Andrew Parker
Blue Window Ltd
Surrey UK

Graham Mitchell

Any news on Mamiya
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:53:03 am »

After looking at the Hy6 posts its looks like Phase & Mamiya will have to do something.

Denis, you seem to be sure that Phase will not be part of the Hy6 platform. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Any news on Mamiya
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:47:39 am »

Denis, you seem to be sure that Phase will not be part of the Hy6 platform. Do you know something the rest of us don't?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear ...?

I have been saying (writing) exactly what is in my knowledge (and in this of the company I am working for): we Sinar are selling a camera called Hy6 which will allow to adapt Sinarbacks.
There is another Back manufacturer, Leaf, who has got the rights to sell this camera as well.

The owner of the Hy6 camera project is Jenoptik. In clear words: they have paid and are paying for the R&D and manufacturing costs of this new camera. As such, Jenoptik are the sole to decide who gets the rights to sell this camera.

We said it clearly: at the current time of today, 2 back manufacturers have got the rights to sell this camera. And those 2 back manufacturers have not the rights to decided about another company selling (or NOT selling) it.

Period. It is a simple as that and we have no reason to say different things and no reason to hide things. What will happen tomorrow nobody knows it, and the non-sense would be to speculate and gossip on tomorrow or on may-be's.

I don't think Yair has said anything different. Believe me, we don't have that much time to speak about such things. Running the current business and delivering products (not vaporware) which are satisfying our customers are our first priority.

I think that I (as well as Yair) have been very correct and polite, in all these discussions: we are honestly trying to inform. The least one can expect is to keep this discussion without personal attacks.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Hi
This is not the first time I have heard this. Jenoptik wants to increase the market share of Sinar. Leaf is also on board. There are only two backs that will work with the Hy6. Who said it was going to be an open platform? Who said Phase was going to be part of the Hy6?
Thanks Denis

--
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Graham Mitchell

Any news on Mamiya
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:23:49 am »

Who said Phase was going to be part of the Hy6?
Thanks Denis

Well, from this forum alone here are two quotes. You could always choose to dismiss them as gossip and that's your perogative:

Michael Reichmann wrote: ""It now looks as if all the back makers, except of course Hasselblad, are involved.""

eronald wrote: "I just talked to the Phase mothership. They are working with Mamiya, working with Rollei, and locked out from the H3."

see http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....howtopic=12972#
Pages: [1]   Go Up