Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meeting with a Gallery/Art Center Owner  (Read 14852 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Meeting with a Gallery/Art Center Owner
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 03:14:42 am »

His name is what the gallery owner will see.  Will an airline ticket be issued to "mr. dude?"

Obviously not, given the current state of airline security, and equally obviously, "mr. dude" is a screen name unique to this site, and highly unlikely to be what was given to the proprietor of the gallery. Perhaps you could have offered the OP some useful and pertinent advice, like tips and techniques for accompanying Eskimo folk music with a chain saw, or the best way to light forest fires with your mind.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 03:17:11 pm »

"Obviously not, given the current state of airline security, and equally obviously, "mr. dude" is a screen name unique to this site, and highly unlikely to be what was given to the proprietor of the gallery. Perhaps you could have offered the OP some useful and pertinent advice, like tips and techniques for accompanying Eskimo folk music with a chain saw, or the best way to light forest fires with your mind".

LOL    obviously you haven't lost your sense of humor

LoisWakeman

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 09:34:20 am »

What does his name have to do with it?
It's a matter of professionalism. In many forums, you are expected to use your real name if you want to be taken seriously. This isn't myspace or youtube!

howiesmith

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:58 am »

It's a matter of professionalism. In many forums, you are expected to use your real name if you want to be taken seriously. This isn't myspace or youtube!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My comments had nothing to do with his real name or what name he uses here.  The comments were merely that something other than "mr. dude" might appear more professional to a business person.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 12:57:14 pm »

The comments were merely that something other than "mr. dude" might appear more professional to a business person.

And given that "mr. dude" is obviously not the name being given to the gallery owner, they are pointless and irrelevant. One's skills as a photographer do not depend on whether one posts under one's real name; the I'll show you mine... thread has many examples of good photographs posted by non-"real" screen names.

howiesmith

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 01:49:07 pm »

And given that "mr. dude" is obviously not the name being given to the gallery owner, they are pointless and irrelevant. One's skills as a photographer do not depend on whether one posts under one's real name; the I'll show you mine... thread has many examples of good photographs posted by non-"real" screen names.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jonathan, all very true and I have never disputed that.  My point is is if I have two portfolios and time to look at only one (I own a gallery and I am so very busy) and the name on the cover is all I see, will I look at "pix by mr dude" or "The Images of Jonathan Wienke"?  

I think you know and understand what my point is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 01:50:15 pm by howiesmith »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up