Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opinion is greatly appreciated > TFT 23" <  (Read 4092 times)

[TOM]

Your opinion is greatly appreciated > TFT 23" <
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:29:37 am »

Hi !!  

I am planning to replace my bulky two CRTs for an elegant 23" / 24" widescreen TFT.

Its use :  fine art printing, photo editing, design.  

3 candidates :

- Apple Cinema 23"
:    I am absolute  in love with its puristic design - its like having             the image at   work just floating in the air and nohing else.    My heart whispers : "take this one"
  ~ 1080.- €

- Dell 2407WFP 24 :    Even bigger - and cheaper.  Also like its minimalistic shape.   My mind says : "what a bargain - get it"  
   ~  780.- €   (special offer)

- Eizo S2410W 24
 :    Eizo is the winner in almost any review.  My conscience talks : "After all what  counts is  the quality you get out of this tool  : Buy this here"
   ~ 1200.-

So what would you recommend to a design freak obsessed in getting out the max of his artwork ?

Thank you a lot and regards   [TOM]

[TOM]

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:42:29 pm »

. .  .  of course, if someone thinks there is an interesting alternative to the candidates
posted before - I would not mind to hear from them      [TOM]

Stephen Best

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:19:07 pm »

. .  .  of course, if someone thinks there is an interesting alternative to the candidates
posted before - I would not mind to hear from them      [TOM]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90995\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You may want to consider 2 x LCDs, say 20" each. The LCD that holds your palettes doesn't have to be as good, or even the same size/aspect ratio/temperature. I find a single display (even 23"/24") drives me nuts as I'm always moving stuff out of the way. A dedicated screen for the image helps you concentrate on just that. Given that you currently have a dual monitor setup you probably already know this.

[TOM]

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:31:21 pm »

You may want to consider 2 x LCDs, say 20" each. The LCD that holds your palettes doesn't have to be as good, or even the same size/aspect ratio/temperature. I find a single display (even 23"/24") drives me nuts as I'm always moving stuff out of the way. A dedicated screen for the image helps you concentrate on just that. Given that you currently have a dual monitor setup you probably already know this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, thank you for your reply.   Very important comment as I considered a single widescreen better to work with than two separate ones. The best would be to test
working on a single widescreen for a while to see if it is worth to step down to a
single monitor.    I have read comments from people who preferred the single one
after working on a dual system and the opposite . . .

Anyone here who had changed from working with 2 monitors to a single widescreen ??

tived

• http://
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 06:13:27 am »

with two wide screens 24 inch, it is getting almost too big, but I think widescreen is the way to go + a seperate screen for your tools

Henrik

2x dell 2405

francois

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:38:08 am »

Anyone here who had changed from working with 2 monitors to a single widescreen ??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91006\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I switched from 2 monitors to one a long time ago and never looked back. I now use a widescreen monitor and I'm satisfied but I know people who would choose a two-monitor setup anytime. I would not refuse a 2 or 3    30" Cinema Display setup if I could!  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 06:59:54 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up