Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print plug in for DPP  (Read 7449 times)

Tony B.

Print plug in for DPP
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:09:38 pm »

Hi, still researching this printer.  I have yet to find anyone mentioning using the print plug in for Canon's DPP software.

Has anyone used this and is it similar to the Photoshop plug in or the basic print driver?

Does it print directly from the adjusted raw file or does it have to be a jpg file in DPP?

Tony B.

cgeisler

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:40:10 pm »

Hi, still researching this printer.  I have yet to find anyone mentioning using the print plug in for Canon's DPP software.

Has anyone used this and is it similar to the Photoshop plug in or the basic print driver?

Does it print directly from the adjusted raw file or does it have to be a jpg file in DPP?

Tony B.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It appears to print directly from the adjusted RAW file, no conversion is needed. My ipF 5000 was just delivered so have no idea (yet) how DPP and the plugin integrate.

Carl

cgeisler

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:36:59 pm »

Hi, still researching this printer.  I have yet to find anyone mentioning using the print plug in for Canon's DPP software.

Tony B.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The plug in integrates seamlessly with DPP and will print directly from a RAW file.

Carl

Tony B.

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:52:12 pm »

Thanks for the replies Carl.  I will be able to find out for myself in a week or two.  I just ordered my printer.  Now if someone out there uses DPP and photoshop it would be interesting to here their opinion between DPP plug in and 16 bit photoshop plug in.

Tony B.

The plug in integrates seamlessly with DPP and will print directly from a RAW file.

Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

cgeisler

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:05:21 pm »

Thanks for the replies Carl.  I will be able to find out for myself in a week or two.  I just ordered my printer.  Now if someone out there uses DPP and photoshop it would be interesting to here their opinion between DPP plug in and 16 bit photoshop plug in.

Tony B.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91295\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In DPP the 16 bit printer plug in appears when you select it from the File>Plug in Printing menu. When you install the software that comes with the printer you have several choices where to install the plug in. In my case I installed both the CS2 and DPP files, and each appeared in their respective applications.

Carl

Tony B.

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 12:22:18 pm »

I know this topic is mainly for people who shot with Canon cameras.  I have tried a few prints using the DPP plug in.   I have not used the photoshop plug in but looking at the LL review of the iPF5000 it looks like the plug ins for both photoshop and DPP are close to the same, with same settings and adjustments etc.
So, if you use a Canon camera and have the iPF5000 you might want to take a peek at DPP if you have not used it for awhile.  I am still trying to learn post processing but have read in forums that the newer versions of DPP are much better than the older versions.

Thanks for everyones inputs in the posts I have started.  Enjoy the holidays.

Tony B.

cgeisler

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »

I know this topic is mainly for people who shot with Canon cameras.  I have tried a few prints using the DPP plug in.   I have not used the photoshop plug in but looking at the LL review of the iPF5000 it looks like the plug ins for both photoshop and DPP are close to the same, with same settings and adjustments etc.
So, if you use a Canon camera and have the iPF5000 you might want to take a peek at DPP if you have not used it for awhile.  I am still trying to learn post processing but have read in forums that the newer versions of DPP are much better than the older versions.

Thanks for everyones inputs in the posts I have started.  Enjoy the holidays.

Tony B.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is one fly in the ointment when printing a RAW file using the iPF 5000 and the DPP plug in. A box opens and indicates that the input file is "High Quality 8 bit". The box with "highest Quality 16 bit" is grayed out and cannot be accessed. I ended up converting to 16 bit TIFF and printed through the Canon plugin in CS3 beta. Too bad, it seemed like a great idea to be able to print directly from a RAW file.  

Carl

Tony B.

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 12:25:23 am »

Carl, what did you have for media type?  If plain paper is selected (maybe others) then the Highest Gradation 16 bit is grayed out.  But it is not with other papers selected (Photo Paper Plus, Photo Paper Plus Semigloss).  A quick random check seems that only plain paper does not use the 16 bit mode.  This is with RAW files, not sure what all works when working with jpg.

Tony B.

There is one fly in the ointment when printing a RAW file using the iPF 5000 and the DPP plug in. A box opens and indicates that the input file is "High Quality 8 bit". The box with "highest Quality 16 bit" is grayed out and cannot be accessed. Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

cgeisler

Print plug in for DPP
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 02:52:31 pm »

The media was too much Pinot Noir. I guess I could not see the forest for the tree's.

Thank you, Tony  

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up