Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eduard Boubat/Frank Horvat  (Read 4548 times)

Rob C

Eduard Boubat/Frank Horvat
« on: December 14, 2006, 02:38:56 pm »

I was looking back at one of my favourite websites - www.horvatland.com - and, yet again, was drawn into the interviews which Frank Horvat recorded with some illustrious photographers.

I was particularly hooked on this one, Edouard Boubat speaking: 'Millions of unnecessary photographs are taken every day. People stand before the Pyramids and photograph them, when for three cents they could buy postcards which show them much better.'

Sort of touches the quick...

Ciao - Rob C
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 02:56:38 pm by Rob C »

howiesmith

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:18:01 pm »

I was looking back at one of my favourite websites - www.horvatland.com - and, yet again, was drawn into the interviews which Frank Horvat recorded with some illustrious photographers.

I was particularly hooked on this one, Edouard Boubat speaking: 'Millions of unnecessary photographs are taken every day. People stand before the Pyramids and photograph them, when for three cents they could buy postcards which show them much better.'

Sort of touches the quick...

Ciao - Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90564\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the differnece is I earned the three cents, but I took the picture.  I don't agree that if someone else has taken the picture (perhaps better than you could), you should walk away.  Not much hasn't been photographed.  Photography can be a hobby, not merely a post card business.  It depends on why you are doing what you are doing.

I sometime so both - take the picture and buy a post card.

Bobtrips

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:35:30 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90564\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For many people it's not about the quality of the photograph, it's about the quality of the memory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up