Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Partitions in a Leaf Magazine?  (Read 3546 times)

xacomo

Partitions in a Leaf Magazine?
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:24:47 pm »

Is there anyway to create partitions in the Leaf Magazine, I would like to create partitions to work with files that hold no more than 50 images each, so my DP-67 can work with out no problem, does any body works with partitions or have any tip?
Thanks in advance.

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:38:29 pm »

Are you formatting in the leaf software on the ipaq? The only time I've had issues like this is when I've reformatted on my mac and not in the leaf software.
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:46:31 am »

Hookup your Digital Magazine to your PC.

Go to manage this computer, into disk management. Here you will also see your Digital Magazine. (assuming you have a Windows XP machine). On a Mac it should be done via the Disk Utility (believe it is called that way).

Delete all partitions and repartition them as you like. Depending on you magazine you will be able to either create partitions with a maximum of 2Gb or 30Gb.

Furthermore I have only been able to make partitions of 2Gb and nog more than 4 (older 5Gb magazine with a 10Gb harddrive inserted and used it with my Valeo11). Mine only supporter FAT16.

I understand the newer and larger magazines support FAT32

xacomo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 05:29:12 am »

Are you formatting in the leaf software on the ipaq? The only time I've had issues like this is when I've reformatted on my mac and not in the leaf software.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90433\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your response to my post, yes I did format in my Mac the Magazine, how do you format the magazine with the leaf software?
I am using a Magazine of 20GB and Leaf Capture 10.0.4 version.

xacomo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 05:35:55 am »

Hookup your Digital Magazine to your PC.

Go to manage this computer, into disk management. Here you will also see your Digital Magazine. (assuming you have a Windows XP machine). On a Mac it should be done via the Disk Utility (believe it is called that way).

Delete all partitions and repartition them as you like. Depending on you magazine you will be able to either create partitions with a maximum of 2Gb or 30Gb.

Furthermore I have only been able to make partitions of 2Gb and nog more than 4 (older 5Gb magazine with a 10Gb harddrive inserted and used it with my Valeo11). Mine only supporter FAT16.

I understand the newer and larger magazines support FAT32
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Dustbak, I use a 20GB Magazine and my computer it is a Mac. When you open Disk Utility has many options to format the Magazine which one it is the correct? and how do you proceed to create multiple ones?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:50:48 am »

Hi Dustbak, I use a 20GB Magazine and my computer it is a Mac. When you open Disk Utility has many options to format the Magazine which one it is the correct? and how do you proceed to create multiple ones?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You need to erase the existing partition(s) first. After that you have a completely clean disk and the option 'partioning' should be available to you. With this you can partion the disk, meaning to chop it up into one ore more parts.

The partioning option allows you to select both the size as well as the desired filesystem.

You should select the desired size of the partition and FAT32 as your filesystem. I believe the Mac Disk Utility also immediately formats the partion after that but if it doesn't you need to format it afterwards.

After these steps it should be functioning again.

Good luck, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:20:57 am by Dustbak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up