Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 - Custom Page Size Printing Problem  (Read 5396 times)

pflower

Epson 3800 - Custom Page Size Printing Problem
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:37:22 pm »

I also posted this on the DPR forum.

I am trying to print a 16x24 photo on a sheet cut from a 17 inch roll of photo rag. So I cut a sheet 26 inches long.

I go to page set up and then manage custom sizes. I add a new custom size of 43.2x66 cms (which by my calculation is 17x26 inches). I resize my picture. I go to page set up and choose my new custom page size. Print with preview shows me what I expect - i.e the picture centred in the sheet with small borders.

I go to print the thing and the first time I get a small rectangle of about A4 size in the bottom right of the sheet before the printer spits the rest of the sheet out. I restart the computer on the basis that there might have been a spooling error. Having been left with 3/4s of a sheet of photo rag I cut it down to about 17x16 inches.

I set up a new custom size page of 40x40 cms. Resize another picture to 38x38 cms and try and print that. This time it prints the length of the picture but cuts off about 1/3rd to the right hand side.

The printer has been behaving impeccably with A4, A3 and A3+ sizes. So presumably it is something that I am doing.

Anyone successfully set up a custom page got anything to say that might help?

Thanks

NikosR

• http://
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:20:01 am »

Which slot do you feed the paper into?

Also check if you use the latest firmware and driver. At least in Europe there is a newer firmware and driver available than the ones the printer was shipped with.
Nikos

PeterTinson

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:30:36 am »

The maximum custom paper size for the 3800 is 43.18cm x 95cm.
If on a Mac you set up a custom paper size larger in width or length then only a portion of the image is printed aprox A4 size (with OSx there is no warning that you have exceeded the printers maximum size).
The other thing tho be carfull of is the seting of the margins in the custom page setup.
Peter
PeterT

pflower

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 06:26:10 am »

The maximum custom paper size for the 3800 is 43.18cm x 95cm.
If on a Mac you set up a custom paper size larger in width or length then only a portion of the image is printed aprox A4 size (with OSx there is no warning that you have exceeded the printers maximum size).
The other thing tho be carfull of is the seting of the margins in the custom page setup.
Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So setting the sheet to 43.2 might explain the first problem but not the second one which was set to 40x40cms with an image of about 38x39cms.

The margins options allows either for user defined or a specific printer. I chose teh 3800. The defaults were all .32cms which I didn't change.  Can you be more specific about what I should be careful of in the margins?

Thanks
Philip
Pages: [1]   Go Up