Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAW DEVELOPER for Aptus 75  (Read 10829 times)

LasseDPF

RAW DEVELOPER for Aptus 75
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 07:25:42 am »

No.

You can save your curves settings and apply it to other images..

But the curves tool in Leaf Capture 10 only corrects the "L" luminous(?) channel.
You can set it to show RGB channels, but you can not adjust individual channels.

Lasse

Does the Leaf software not offer a way to create a full set of curves in RGB and individual color channels that can be saved and automatically applied to every image upon import into the software?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Lasse Morkhagen

James Russell

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 10:15:54 am »

No.

You can save your curves settings and apply it to other images..

But the curves tool in Leaf Capture 10 only corrects the "L" luminous(?) channel.
You can set it to show RGB channels, but you can not adjust individual channels.

Lasse
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it's this kind of stuff that makes me wonder why Leaf  even shows the color channels if we can't correct them.

After all this is not new territory as photoshop has had curves for each channel for about a billion years and this is one of the basics of color correction and manipulation.

As far as I know Canon and Nikon are the only manufacturers that allow you to work a setting and apply it back to the camera.  I know, with Leaf you can send it to a card or the digital back, but that always gets erased under pressure, so it's not really that great an option and you have to use V-8 which is limited to contrast, click wb and global color.

At least with Phase you can make your own presets that are very precise and save them in the software then apply then to each image as they load up and the Phase software is stable so it will work.

All of these softwares could use more basic film presets than just AGFA or portrait WM Y4 (what the hell is Portrait wm Y 4?).

Still, for skintones and an excellent starting point the P-30 is the best I have used because you start from a good first frame, rather than trying to correct out issues with wb and input profiles.

The cleaner you start the easier it is to get to final.

JR

ssherman

• http://www.shermanphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 06:09:38 pm »

I'm doing a project now with Aptus 65 files and processing it in ACR Beta CS3
The controll are unbeleavable and a huge jump from cs2.
I'm running it on a macbookpro and its pretty fast considering the raw files are 50MB.

The new ACR basically incorporates the Lightroom engine.

There are so many color, caturation, contrast and recovery options now its going to take a while to master it but surely worth it.

I think we are seeing the future of workflow now.

99% of color/contrast corrections done in the raw stage and Photoshop for all the editig and compositing stuff.

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 07:26:50 pm »

I'm also using CS3 and the new version of Bridge is exactly what I was hoping for. It has all the fine tuning of Lightroom and it's light years more stable than CS2 Bridge ever was.

Best of all, Bridge CS3 can be set up with LC v8 to display captures when tethered. At this point there's really no reason to even bother with LC v10.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:25:42 pm by bcroslin »
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up