Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens cast correction in Flexcolor.  (Read 3314 times)

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Lens cast correction in Flexcolor.
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:23:49 am »

A question for the H3D39 users.
When that back is used on a view/shift camera and shift is applied,does the current Flexcolor software,an LCC workflow like C1 has?

I was made to believe that all Kodak sensors need the correction.

With the Sinar e-Motion 22+75 and the latest Captureshop,the centrefold issue has been resolved.
There is also a LCC workflow in place as well.

Just curious what the rest is doing.

Cheers,

Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:45:14 am »

A question for the H3D39 users.
When that back is used on a view/shift camera and shift is applied,does the current Flexcolor software,an LCC workflow like C1 has?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90223\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the H2+CFH-39 (essentially the same as an H3D).

When I use the CFH-39 on my Linhof, I have to apply a "Custom White" in the exposure window of flexcolor, this works in much the same way as C1, but you have to purchase a white plexi plate yourself... it does not come bundled with the package. (Im not talking about a custom white balance with the eyedropper tool, this is commonly mistaken because FlexColor has chosen to call the LCC function "Custom White".)

The function removes all color casts from the Kodak chip, just like with the LCC function in C1. Of course the DAC functions (removal of chromatic aberrations etc.) only functions with HC/HCD lenses on the H1/H2/H3 bodies.

When using the H3D (or CFH-39) backs on view cameras, you need to power them from the firewire socket.

On another note, the H-adaptor plate that came with the linhof, blocks the flash output socket. Also the safety release catch on top of the CFH-39 and H3D bodies is inconveniently placed and does not let you release the back from the H-adaptor unless you use a knife or similar flat object in the top of the adaptor plate. I plan on getting the safety catch removed by my supplier the next time im there...

-axel
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:42:02 am by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

mkravit

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »

When I use the CFH-39 on my Linhof, I have to apply a "Custom White" in the exposure window of flexcolor, this works in much the same way as C1, but you have to purchase a white plexi plate yourself... it does not come bundled with the package.
-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90263\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the H3D.

When I use the back on my ALPA I make an exposure just as described above. However, you don't need to buy a white translucent disk or sheet of plexi. A simple white sheet of Mat board will do. I also tried an ExpoDisk 4x4 and it worked perfectly.

The white board is actually easier because you don't need to adjust the exposure for the incresed density of the plexi or white disk as long as the white board is in the same light and fills teh screen.

marc gerritsen

• http://www.marcgerritsen.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:46:30 pm »

Are you sure there is no other way to power the back?
Seems very cumbersome to log a laptop along or relatively expensive
to buy the imagebank. Is there no third party power supply option?
Marc

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 06:48:28 am »

Are you sure there is no other way to power the back?
Seems very cumbersome to log a laptop along or relatively expensive
to buy the imagebank. Is there no third party power supply option?
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sadly you do need power over firewire for CFH and H3D backs, but not the CF type as they have integrated batteries. The upside is you dont need a spare battery when attatched to a H-system camera.

The price for the imagebank is outrageous (BTW.) We all know its a cheap harddrive, a battery, a circuit board and a firewire connector, yet HB thinks its some kind of magic on top that makes the whole thing worth a whole lot more.

-axel
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:45:29 am by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+
Pages: [1]   Go Up