Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: off topic, the LL mf forum starts to work isnt it?  (Read 2832 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
off topic, the LL mf forum starts to work isnt it?
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:57:19 pm »

i thing its good that the mf forum here starts to work in a similar usefull way than before the rg forum, without that censor attitude which killed i.m.o. the mf forum there,.....
good to have this plattform for exchange of knowledge esp. with these still somehow kryptic mf gear and its specific flaws, which usually will not be told to us by the distributors. i think the knowledge beeing shared here finally is helping all, the manufactors and the users. i think often the manufactors are limited also, not by bad will, by hiding bad facts from the responasable departements and people. so even they might become here many infos which will help them to improve their products or their relation to distributors and clients.
for us its great cauce we get informed about flaws, promises AND solutions.. at least for me its great.
after the rg mf- forum was evacuated, there was a whole of information which was available for people who were searching them. i think this whole becomes filled by more and more people who participate here.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:31:13 pm »

Well said Rainer!
I totally back up and agree your post.
Regards,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:40:57 pm »

It is good

There is still a lack of knowledge on the Wierd Mc Wierd gear like Eyelike/Silvestri/Copal3/Nikkor like I ask about

It seems most useful for those considering the jump to MFDB

There is still (and was maybe) a lack of place to discuss the concepts BEYOND the MF back

I am interested in advancing my retouching - lighting - and even moving into discussion of business practice right management - stock sales etc

I feel such subjects are too far off this board title yet there are few other places to post where the standard of reply will be high

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:52:34 am »

It is good

There is still a lack of knowledge on the Wierd Mc Wierd gear like Eyelike/Silvestri/Copal3/Nikkor like I ask about

It seems most useful for those considering the jump to MFDB

There is still (and was maybe) a lack of place to discuss the concepts BEYOND the MF back

I am interested in advancing my retouching - lighting - and even moving into discussion of business practice right management - stock sales etc

I feel such subjects are too far off this board title yet there are few other places to post where the standard of reply will be high

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89923\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That type of information would be very handy however the stuff you are reffering to is indeed quite exotic so not many people work with it and even a smaller number will be active on forums.

As you know I work with Copal3 (the Copal1 MiniWide is sold by now) and Nikon F so feel free to ask.

As for stuff like right management and stock sales, I think these will vary from region to region and since many of the forum people over here are from different regions it might be difficult to help each other in that area. Although I do find it interesting to hear how it work in other places.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:30:31 pm by Dustbak »

Tom_Julier

• http://www.tomjulier.com
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 08:37:52 am »

(Hi Sam!)

As a lurker, I agree that there's more and more good info here. I also miss the lighting and other secondary fora from robgalbraith.
Pages: [1]   Go Up