Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: Where can i get a P25 used?  (Read 6875 times)

phildog33

WTB: Where can i get a P25 used?
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:58:34 pm »

I just got an H2 Hasselblad and im looking for ANY affordable Digital Back, to begin shooting with. The P25 seems the best option, but i'd like to pay in the $12k-$15k range.

Where can i get this?

Where is the fred miranda site for MF digital gear classifieds?

thanks everyone
-phillip

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:05:14 am »

Where can i get this?

There are a few P1 dealers selling refurbished backs, e.g. http://www.teamworkphoto.co.uk/used.html#013

Where is the fred miranda site for MF digital gear classifieds?

All the FM classifieds are in one place: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10

phildog33

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:09:36 am »

still havent found any forum user or USED P25 at a generally good price.
Calumet in NYC claims they offer a ~$12k P25 back, which would be great.

but i would rather buy it from another working Pro or get recommendations
-p

michaelnotar

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:32 am »

you can get a new p25 for under $15k if you trade in a discountinued back.

RicAgu

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:52:06 pm »

He normal price is $10K to $15K depending on place, service and support.

The guys in Atlants PPR and another place that frequently look here will get you going.  One name was Steve Hendrix and I forgot the name of the other gentleman.  But one of the Atlants guys are Phase Dealers.  DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CALUMET.

You may want to consider a new P30 if it is only a few grand more.

Best of luck

jeff_singer

• Jeff Singer Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:35:37 pm »

Curious about your Calumet comment.  What makes you say this?  I use them since they are the biggest local place here in SF and I've bought used lighting from them in the past with no issues.  Why do you suggest not buying from Calumet?

Jeff

He normal price is $10K to $15K depending on place, service and support.

The guys in Atlants PPR and another place that frequently look here will get you going.  One name was Steve Hendrix and I forgot the name of the other gentleman.  But one of the Atlants guys are Phase Dealers.  DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CALUMET.

You may want to consider a new P30 if it is only a few grand more.

Best of luck
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90120\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:35:56 pm by jeff_singer »
jeff singer | photography
[url=http://je

phildog33

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:22:57 pm »

same question... What is the big problem people have noticed from their purchases with Calumet
-p

Curious about your Calumet comment.  What makes you say this?  I use them since they are the biggest local place here in SF and I've bought used lighting from them in the past with no issues.  Why do you suggest not buying from Calumet?

Jeff
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90142\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RicAgu

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 08:11:23 pm »

IMHO

They are complete incompetent idiots without a ting of integrity within the company.  I am not sure about the individuals you are dealing with.  They may be great guys and stand up guys, I don't know them.  They needed a job, have mouths to feed so they got it at Calumet.

The corporation are a bunch of $^%#* *#*& %@#$%^#

I can put what I really want to say in writing as I don't want to be sued for defemation and there is no reason to do it here and upset Michael.  There are enough Tool's talking out of their ass on this site already. I don't need to be one.

You can use B&H for any product that does not need support and use Badger Graphics, K&M and Samy's for anything else.

Just my two cents and experience.

GOD bless freedom of speech!

Jason F

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:31:47 pm »

The name of the other company in Atlanta is Capture Integration. Dave Gallagher is the owner, or you can speak with Chris Lawery who is the sales manager.

Both are great guys and do whatever they can to help you out. I'm not sure if they have any P25's in used stock right now, but I'm sure they could get one for you if you wanted one because they were recently named PhaseOne's 2006 Dealer of the Year.

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 09:22:07 am »

try digitaltransitions.com in NYC

they list a bunch of stufdf used on their site, but of course you have to call for pricing...

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »

I got my P 25 Mamiya mount from Irwin Miller Calumet New York, paid 14k and got one year warranty, the back was like new, almost not used at all. I'm very happy with the guys at Calumet, they helped me with credit with the Calumet card and a promo where you don't pay anything for one year, he gave me a free cleaning kit, the pelican case, discount on Compact Flash, and training plus support. I don't know what else to ask from them, they are selling a lot of backs, when I visit him last time he was having lunch on his desk while talking on the phone. The P 25's are just going like crazy at Calumet. They also have one more person just go give support to the high end backs, he has answered all my question, (his name is Eduardo Angel). It is important to buy from a big store like this because they support what they sale, since I'm in NY I can just drop by and ask a question, their training program is openended, so don't know what to say...

IMHO

They are complete incompetent idiots without a ting of integrity within the company.  I am not sure about the individuals you are dealing with.  They may be great guys and stand up guys, I don't know them.  They needed a job, have mouths to feed so they got it at Calumet.

The corporation are a bunch of $^%#* *#*& %@#$%^#

I can put what I really want to say in writing as I don't want to be sued for defemation and there is no reason to do it here and upset Michael.  There are enough Tool's talking out of their ass on this site already. I don't need to be one.

You can use B&H for any product that does not need support and use Badger Graphics, K&M and Samy's for anything else.

Just my two cents and experience.

GOD bless freedom of speech!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

michaelprince

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 06:26:48 pm »

I sent my H1 P25 to Capture Integration today, so I know they have at least one....

m

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 10:47:54 pm »

I got my P 25 Mamiya mount from Irwin Miller Calumet New York

I've dealt with the staff at Calumet SF for many years and find both the sales and rental departments extremely professional and competent. They have come through for me on many occasions.

For the last year I've been in NYC, Irwin Miller has been an exceptional resource, for the Cambo WDS as well as all things MF digital related. A conversation with him is always an enjoyable and informative experience.

Lest anyone think I'm waving the Calumet banner, I purchased my P25 through Digital Transitions here in NYC. Am very happy and would recommend them highly.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up