Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael´s portfolio with IPF5000  (Read 3977 times)

pgpgsxr

Michael´s portfolio with IPF5000
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:42:48 am »

Hello Michael;
I´m interested in knowing if your portfolios were printed with any type of profile, Rip like ImagePrint or is the quality of the printer good enough "straight out of the box".
 Cheers Paul

michael

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 08:25:33 am »

I make my own profiles using a Eye One spectrophotometer. If you use Canon papers then you might be happy with their provided profiles. If you use any other papers then custom profiles are desirable.

Michael

pgpgsxr

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:57:20 pm »

Michael;
Are you using custom profiles because Imageprint hasn´t developed a Rip for the IP5000, or have you found that custom profiles are sufficient for great prints?
 Cheers Paul

michael

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 04:16:18 pm »

As you say, I'm waiting for Imageprint for the iPF5000. But I even use my own profiles at times with Imageprint. Sometimes mine are better than theirs, other times not.

Michael

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:12:49 pm »

As you say, I'm waiting for Imageprint for the iPF5000. But I even use my own profiles at times with Imageprint. Sometimes mine are better than theirs, other times not.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah I agree with this. I have Imageprint for my Epson 2200 and overall the IP profiles are very good. But I just started making my own profiles with my recently-acquired Eye One spectro. With my profiles the reds and blues are noticeably better, whereas with the IP profiles the greens are usually better. Sometimes it's advantageous to have multiple profiles to choose from -- you can pick one based on the particular image you're printing.

Eric
Eric Chan

photographist

• Dancing with Light Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:48:55 am »

Michael...

I curious as to which paper you've settled on for your portfolio w/the IPF5000?   I've been experimenting with Silver Rag, Innova F Max Black, Epson's Ultrasmooth FineArt (Favorite of mine) and Epson H2O Color.

Thanks!

jvdk

NikosR

• http://
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 08:56:49 am »

Michael states that he has used 'Hahnemuhle Fine Art Rag 308 paper'. I suppose he refers to Photo Rag 308.
Nikos
Pages: [1]   Go Up