Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4800 power clean  (Read 3262 times)

hippy Green

4800 power clean
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:26:47 pm »

Hi there

Is there an way Turn off the power clean function on the 4800. (so machine alway ask you before it does power clean) As I had not used the printer for about week. I started it up and was not paying attention to the printer when it start the power clean by default. Most of the time I am standing by the machine looking to see if it gave me the option to say no to power clean and say no! if you are not there to click no..... will it do power clean?

also with the maintance tank will this start filling over time even if you don't to power clean? as my 73% and I have not had the machine long (19/7/06 I start using the printer)

I am about to send bill to epson for ink loss on this machine.... does any one know much ink is use in an power clean?

looking forward to hearing you throughs

Cheers

Damian
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 04:35:41 pm by hippy Green »

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
4800 power clean
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:52:51 pm »

I am about to send bill to epson for ink loss on this machine.... does any one know much ink is use in an power clean?

looking forward to hearing you throughs
Cheers

Damian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The 4000 uses about 96mls. Not sure if the 4800 is the same.

Power Clean should not be automatic, it is a 'last resort' clean. Are you sure this is what is happening? If so, call Epson Prographics and ask if this is working as it is supposed to.
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

hippy Green

4800 power clean
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:13 pm »

The 4000 uses about 96mls. Not sure if the 4800 is the same.

Power Clean should not be automatic, it is a 'last resort' clean. Are you sure this is what is happening? If so, call Epson Prographics and ask if this is working as it is supposed to.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89285\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

usually the printer asked before doing power clean and I say no, after it went through its process it made al lot of noise which sounded like a power clean, I had a look at the maintenance tank and there were bubbles in the top which I am thinking were fresh ink.
What do you think?
Cheers D

Gene Coggins

4800 power clean
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 08:37:49 am »

If you just press the left arrow (NO) button when prompted to perform a power cleaning, the 4800 will skip the power cleaning cycle. The printer will, however, do a simple cleaning during startup.

It is believed that a power cleaning cycle uses the same amount of ink a the initial charge of inks and completely purges the lines between the cartridges and the heads.

Before I produce my first print, I always run a simple (non auto) nozzle check which is usually good for the rest of the day. I have had zero nozzle clogging issues with my 4800s.

Gene

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
4800 power clean
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 08:42:22 am »

But you can (and should) turn off Auto Clean in the printer's menu, at least on the 4800.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up