Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Namibia Portfolio  (Read 11785 times)

DaFu

• http://www.davefultz.net
Namibia Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 08:36:04 pm »

At least that is my experience with hundreds of similar photograps taken, without moving the tripod, with a Minolta Dimage A2 and a Minolta Dynax 800Si with original 24-85mm lenses and Velvia 100F, and cannot tell if this can be extrapolated to the high end digital cameras.

Manuel,

I think the difference you're describing may be more attributed to the quality of the A2 images rather than analog vs digital. I shot thousands of images with my A2 but was always fretting about the softness at long range. I discovered other people had similar problems. I recently switched to a Canon Rebel 350 and my surmise was confirmed. The A2 was definitely "soft" at long ranges compared to the Canon. As for high-end cameras, the current digital versions can produce breathtaking images that are most certainly better than film in almost every metric.

Dave

jani

• Øyet
Namibia Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 01:14:03 pm »

The best way I have found to work with this sudden pasting of far way objects is to not to stop down further than F11.
Aha, so it basically is a diffraction problem, then.

In that case, fiddling with the demosaicing in the raw converter may change the look, but it may also be a genuinely "digital" problem.
Jan

l@ci

Namibia Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 05:13:20 pm »

Hi,
unfortunately I've not had the chance to see the prints myself but I was curious about one thing - how big are the actual prints, ie the real print without white border?

David.

ecemfjm

• http://www.manuelfernando.es
Namibia Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:09 am »

Hi,
unfortunately I've not had the chance to see the prints myself but I was curious about one thing - how big are the actual prints, ie the real print without white border?

David.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't have the portfolio on my hands right now, but they are around A4 size. Some little bigger, some little smaller.

Manuel

Rob C

Namibia Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 06:38:32 am »

I don't have the portfolio on my hands right now, but they are around A4 size. Some little bigger, some little smaller.

Manuel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95231\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Manuel

A4 is no large size of print - I think you shouldn't have quality problems coming from either scanned film or digital capture at that size. Perhaps it is, after all, down to a less than top flight digital camera and nothing more mysterious than that.

In the end, as with most good things in life, you sometimes get what you pay for but you never get what you don't pay for.

Ciao - Rob C
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:39:36 am by Rob C »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up