Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new rumors about 5D  (Read 4441 times)

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
new rumors about 5D
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:05:17 am »

hi,
here http://athos99.romandie.com/post/1656/37362 some "news" about the next 5D.
It's in french.

it says that two versions of the 5D will be available for PMA 2007
- 5Dmk1, the same as the one now, plus a self cleaning sensor system, and cheaper.
- 5Ds with 16MP, and 5fps.

Don't kill the messenger.

Steve Kerman

new rumors about 5D
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 12:39:23 am »

Well, that's consistent with an earlier rumor, and also with the fact that they are now offering $600 rebates on the current version of the 5D.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 12:39:34 am by Steve Kerman »

K.C.

new rumors about 5D
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:58 am »

If there's any truth to adding the self cleaning sensor to a cheaper 5D then you'd think they'll  be revising the entire line up to include that feature.

BJL

new rumors about 5D
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:53:33 am »

Sorry, but this does not even deserve the name "rumor". It is pure speculation, with not a hint of a reason to believe that the author's speculations are better than yours or mine.

(Just for fun, my new "rumor" is an EF-S model of about 12MP and about half the price of the 5D, which drives the 5D off the market. No, this is not worthy of serious discussion either.)

John Sheehy

new rumors about 5D
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:07:53 pm »

(Just for fun, my new "rumor" is an EF-S model of about 12MP and about half the price of the 5D, which drives the 5D off the market. No, this is not worthy of serious discussion either.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, if they can keep the noise increase small, that would be a welcome upgrade to the 30D.  A little more noise per pixel doesn't necessarily mean more noise per image.

Of course, there will probably be no RAW RGB histogram, no auto-ISO, no user-program modes, no thicker rows and colums of masked pixels on all 4 edges of the sensor to remove banding from images, etc; the things that would really excite me.  Canon is so pathetically boring.  What is becoming of companies these days is very sad.  No pride; only profit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up