Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CANON A630 or FUJI F30?  (Read 2951 times)

djdiegom

CANON A630 or FUJI F30?
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:52:24 pm »

Hello...I'm going to buy one of theese camera...the Canon seems better in all function but the doubt is about the images make in the dark...here the Fuji seems superior...what is your idea? And about the battery lasting? Has anyone tried this?

ddolde

CANON A630 or FUJI F30?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:44:40 pm »

I can only say that I bought a Canon A620 and hate it !

cgeisler

CANON A630 or FUJI F30?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 09:59:11 pm »

I own a Canon S70, S80, and the Fuji F30. Both Canon's are very noisy at ISO 200 or above, while the F30 is very usable at ISO 400, and more then decent at ISO 800. It also responds faster then either Canon and the battery lasts more then twice as long. While I miss the wide angle lens on the Canons', the Fuji is the one I carry because of it's low light capabilities.

Carl

alex2074

CANON A630 or FUJI F30?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 06:35:41 pm »

I was also debating between these two cameras for the exact same reasons.  I was tending toward the canon for two reason, it has more manual cotrols with the flip screen and it has the optical viewfinder.  I think that having one of these is quite handy and I cant believe that canon is the only company still putting them in their cameras.  On a vaction in England I was able to go for two full weeks on one charge because I turned the LCD off and used the viewfinder only.  And that was a crapy old toshiba.  Modern cameras would be capable of thousands of shots without the LCD.

I would be interested to hear why those who dont like their canons dont like them.

picnic

CANON A630 or FUJI F30?
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 12:30:53 am »

I was also debating between these two cameras for the exact same reasons.  I was tending toward the canon for two reason, it has more manual cotrols with the flip screen and it has the optical viewfinder.  I think that having one of these is quite handy and I cant believe that canon is the only company still putting them in their cameras.  On a vaction in England I was able to go for two full weeks on one charge because I turned the LCD off and used the viewfinder only.  And that was a crapy old toshiba.  Modern cameras would be capable of thousands of shots without the LCD.

I would be interested to hear why those who dont like their canons dont like them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I bought the F30 for my husband--he sometmes needs the ability to shoot in low available light.  I bought the Canon 630 for my mother.  She's 91 and needed a viewfinder--and a relatively easy controlled camera (replacing my old G1 that she shot with for years) with a bit more heft to it---and a grip of some sort.

Personally-I don't like shooting with either one--but if I had to choose, I think I would prefer the Canon (I did consider buying the 640 over the G7--but in the end bought neither for mself).  However---it IS noisy above ISO200.

I just found that I disliked shooting with a camera that small--which was the reason I considered one in the first place LOL.  I think one the size of the G7 might suit me if it had a reasonable viewfinder but I have to admit I dislike using an LCD tremendously.  I found that I truly cannot see the LCD well enough to use competently in sunlight.  Even the tiltable LCD of the 630/40 isn't great.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up