Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hy6 Features  (Read 9496 times)

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
Hy6 Features
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:46:00 am »

Does anyone know the actual features of the Hy6?  Auto focus?  High Sync? etc...

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Hy6 Features
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:58:15 am »

Does anyone know the actual features of the Hy6?  Auto focus?  High Sync? etc...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Steve,

you can go to following link:

[a href=\"http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t13135.html]http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lo...php/t13135.html[/url]

If you wish you can contact me offline and send me an email and I will send you some more specific information about the Hy6 tomorrow.

Thanks and best regards,
Sinar AG
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

robert zimmerman

Hy6 Features
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:03:43 am »

From a previous thread, should still pretty much hold true:

• Meter included
• In camera integrated TTL-meter.
• 3 Methods for metering: Electronic multi-zone, spot and multi-Spot.
• Shutter-, Aperture- and Program automatic, and manual.
• Modern TTL-metering at the film plane.
• RGB-Scanner for white balance .
• Electronic shutter with Flash sync from 1/1000 to 30 Seconds.
• Direct-Drive-Linear motor driven aperture and shutter in 1/3 steps.
• PQS-lenses have shutter blades made from carbon in connection with Neodym-magnets in the Linear motor with 1/1000s shutter speeds.
• Use of all Rolleiflex 6000-System lenses without adapter made after 1974.
• In the Film magazine motor driven film transport for single exposure and continuous exposures with 1,5 frames per second.
• With continuous exposures the metering is constantly corrected between frames.

Other tech. stuff Rolleiflex Hy6

AF-Function: AF cross sensor (multi field). Integrated red light lines for AF metering with bad lighting.

Format for Film: 6 x 6 cm und 4,5 x 6 cm

Film types: 120 und 220 Roll-film

Multi spot metering through metering and saving the datei from up to 5 single values

Integrated RGB-Sensor for auto white balance for Digital photography

TTL-Studio pre flash metering: with Studio generators

Finders: Waist level finder with loupe, 90° High-Eye-point finder, changeable screens.
Super bright High-D-Screens included

Energy: Hochleistungs Lithium-Ionen-Akku 7,2 V

Hand-grip: In 3 positions lockable (for waist level and 90o-Sucherbetrieb)

Digital backs: special functions and basic programming with menu functions:
1. flash sync; 2. pre flash metering; 3. timer; 4. quiet function on/off; 5. transport on/off;
6. middle point metering on/off; 8. AF- field points; 9. continuous exposures, ±1/3 / ±2/3 LW;
10. frame number

Size & Weight: 1. without Lens or Magazine: 157 x 112 x 78 mm; 2. without Lens: 900 g,
Kpl. with Standard-lens 2,8/80 mm and Magazine 4560: 1700 g

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
Hy6 Features
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:05:18 pm »

Thanks for the info!  Sounds like a great camera!

hubell

Hy6 Features
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:29:45 pm »

Thanks for the info!  Sounds like a great camera!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89005\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds great, handles terribly(at least for non-studio use). IMHO.

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
Hy6 Features
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 01:17:49 pm »

I use the Rollei 6008 more outside than inside. The side handle on the HY6 seems quite similar to the 6008.

When I get an HY6 I'll be using it outside just as much as I did with the 6008. No problem.

william

Hy6 Features
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 01:44:50 pm »

Have you actually handled it?  If so, can you elaborate on your impressions?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89007\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Hy6 Features
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 02:28:22 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89007\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

since it is a natural progession from the 6008, the handling is probably better then all the other systems...my definition of handling being: the way the controls are laid out, the way the weight is distributed, general ergonomics.....the 6008 is excellent is these regards, the Hy6 should be a little smaller and lighter with the controls in pretty much the same place...so i don't see a problem at all...
i doubt you have handled a Hy6, have you ever handled a 6008? the grip is magical.....
and why for non studio use? if you have a camera on a tripod, it pretty much does not matter anyway, no weight or grip issues, so how do you reach your HO?

hubell

Hy6 Features
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 03:30:21 pm »

i doubt you have handled a Hy6, have you ever handled a 6008? the grip is magical.....
and why for non studio use? if you have a camera on a tripod, it pretty much does not matter anyway, no weight or grip issues, so how do you reach your HO?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89030\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I actually walked around with it for about 20 minutes in NYC at Photo Plus Expo. I would describe it as a thick brick(or small shoe box) with a prism slapped on top. But, in alll candor, if your idea of an ergonomically functional camera is a 6008 or GX680, I can understand why we have a difference of opinion. I am not enthused at the prospect of a even a short hike with a 6008-like camera. I would just suggest that anyone who is dropping serious money on a 6008 now based upon the prospect of nirvana arriving in the form of a brand new camera like the Hy6 think twice.

Gigi

• some work
Hy6 Features
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:38:47 pm »

Well, I actually walked around with it for about 20 minutes in NYC at Photo Plus Expo. I would describe it as a thick brick(or small shoe box) with a prism slapped on top. But, in alll candor, if your idea of an ergonomically functional camera is a 6008 or GX680, I can understand why we have a difference of opinion. I am not enthused at the prospect of a even a short hike with a 6008-like camera. I would just suggest that anyone who is dropping serious money on a 6008 now based upon the prospect of nirvana arriving in the form of a brand new camera like the Hy6 think twice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Respectfully, I disagree. The 6003 (baby sister the 6008) is a wonderfully ergonomic camera. Using the side grip, the meter and shutter fall very wel to hand - -the camera works like a dream. The Hassy 500 series is a very distant second, ergonomically.

the 6008 picks up more size with a different back, and with the digital back, gets even a bit more cumbersome. The Hy6 trims top and bottom off these cameras, and with the redesigned handle/battery setup, offers a different balance point. But this company knows historically about ergonomics.
Geoff

pss

Hy6 Features
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 04:01:48 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well it is a MF camera with a square (6x6) mirror so obviously it is larger then a SLR....but with all the technology, sensors, battery, mechanics...i think the Hy6 pretty much breaks all records for size and features.....
i hate walking around with any camera around my neck...the canon/nikon DSLRs are not really small or light either...and please lets not forget that these cameras (with the right backs) produce 40 files/sec that rival 4x5 quality......there was a time when you needed a horsedrawn carriage to get lesser quality...and there were no roads....i guess you will have to wait for the 40mpix 16bit cameraphone....

hubell

Hy6 Features
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 04:50:06 pm »

well it is a MF camera with a square (6x6) mirror so obviously it is larger then a SLR....but with all the technology, sensors, battery, mechanics...i think the Hy6 pretty much breaks all records for size and features.....
i hate walking around with any camera around my neck...the canon/nikon DSLRs are not really small or light either...and please lets not forget that these cameras (with the right backs) produce 40 files/sec that rival 4x5 quality......there was a time when you needed a horsedrawn carriage to get lesser quality...and there were no roads....i guess you will have to wait for the 40mpix 16bit cameraphone....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did not walk around with the camera around my neck at Photo Expo. (No chiropractors available at the show.) I just walked around holding it and tried getting a sense of what it would be like to use it in the field. Not happening for me. There is no reason to wait for a high res cameraphone. There are other very useful options out there that actually exist for those that really need a camera. Remember, it is not an accident that Rollei is MIA in the US.

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Hy6 Features
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 12:55:54 am »

hcbell,
I can assure you that the Hy6 has been very well researched and is being built probably
by one of the best companies out there.
It will have all the latest features for analogue and digital use.

Everybody has the right to their opinion and maybe the Hy6 is not for you.

However,I can assure you that there are lot's of people that will part with their cash for it.

The Hy6 will be up there with the best,however these Hy6's won't come cheap.

I'm certainly will be putting my order in,

Best,

Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

TorbenEskerod

Hy6 Features
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:23 am »

xx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:24:33 am by TorbenEskerod »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Hy6 Features
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 07:40:44 am »

Well I am not so worried by the Camera but more about AF - WA Lenses.

As far as I can see Rollei wides AF lens is 50mm.

Does anyone know about WA lenses for the Hy6

45mm ??  - 35mm ?? - 28mm ??

I have asked Thierry from Sinar, but he is avoiding the question and so is my Sinar dealer ??

Best

Torben Eskerod
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Torben,

I am not avoiding the question, but it makes no sense to specualte right now on things which are in discussion to eventually mislead potential buyers. I would like to give reliable information here, and not may-be's.

Thanks for your understanding,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

TorbenEskerod

Hy6 Features
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 08:19:34 am »

xx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:24:45 am by TorbenEskerod »

william

Hy6 Features
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 10:10:41 am »

The widest currently produced AF lens for the Rollei is indeed the 50mm AF.  But there is an oustanding Schneider 40mm floating element lens for the Rollei, which will fit the Hy6.  It's not AF, but you'll get focus confirmation (well, at least you do when using it on the Rollei 6008AF body, and I assume the same owuld be true on the Hy6).  And how often does one need autofucs on a wide angle lens anyway?  And, I guess it's possible that some of the forthcoming Schneider or Jena lenses for the Hy6 will include an AF ultra-wide angle, but I personally don't see it as an issue.

Well I am not so worried by the Camera but more about AF - WA Lenses.

As far as I can see Rollei wides AF lens is 50mm.

Does anyone know about WA lenses for the Hy6

45mm ??  - 35mm ?? - 28mm ??

I have asked Thierry from Sinar, but he is avoiding the question and so is my Sinar dealer ??

Best

Torben Eskerod
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hubell

Hy6 Features
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 11:32:59 am »

hcbell,
I can assure you that the Hy6 has been very well researched and is being built probably
by one of the best companies out there.
It will have all the latest features for analogue and digital use.

Everybody has the right to their opinion and maybe the Hy6 is not for you.

However,I can assure you that there are lot's of people that will part with their cash for it.

The Hy6 will be up there with the best,however these Hy6's won't come cheap.

I'm certainly will be putting my order in,

Best,

Willem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Willem:
The Hy6 may turn out to be a great camera for many. It has an "analogue" gestalt that I find very attractive compared to the "camera as video game" approach of the Japanese DSLR makers. Real buttons and dials on the camera instead of menus in an LCD. However, I just do not like the ergonomics of the Hy6. I don't like the way it falls into my hands.  A camera is at the end of the day a tool, and you should be really comfortable working with your tools. Very few of the people lusting after the Hy6 have even handled a prototype, never mind used one in the field for an extended period.
Best, Howard

william

Hy6 Features
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 11:35:24 am »

That is indeed true and it's wh I hate the Hassy H cameras; they just don't feel right in my hands.  Based on my extensive eperience with the Rollei 6008 system in the past, I personally feel very confirdent that the Hy6 will work for me.

Willem:
The Hy6 may turn out to be a great camera for many. It has an "analogue" gestalt that I find very attractive compared to the "camera as video game" approach of the Japanese DSLR makers. Real buttons and dials on the camera instead of menus in an LCD. However, I just do not like the ergonomics of the Hy6. I don't like the way it falls into my hands.  A camera is at the end of the day a tool, and you should be really comfortable working with your tools. Very few of the people lusting after the Hy6 have even handled a prototype, never mind used one in the field for an extended period.
Best, Howard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89226\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pss

Hy6 Features
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 01:39:47 pm »

there are 2 MF 40mm lenses available right now, one schneider, one zeiss (FLE)...plus of course all the older lenses, which will all fit on the Hy6...i am sure all of these will work with the focus aid...not really sure if AF is necessary on extreme WAs....there was a 35mm AF announced, which should be out by the time the camera is shipping....of course these are full coverage 6x6 lenses, not 6x4.5, so the 35mm should be the limit...and of course this does not help with todays backs....
mamiya will (finally) be coming out with a 28mm...

the handling of cameras is a very personal preference and for me, the Hsystem is pretty much the worst system in that regard, the Rollei 6000 system the best....everything else is is somewhere in between, but my personal ranking would leave a wide gap between the H system and everything else....personal preference....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up