Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated IPF5000 Drivers and Plugin - Win/Mac  (Read 4070 times)

John Hollenberg

Updated IPF5000 Drivers and Plugin - Win/Mac
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:21 pm »

I know this topic was brought up previously with a focus on getting Macs to run properly, but I just discovered that Canon Europe has updated versions of everything except the firmware for Windows too.  For example, I have version 2.00 of the Photoshop plugin, version 2.01 is available from Canon Europe.  I have version 2.00 of the Media Configuration Tool, 2.01 available from Canon Europe.  These updates do not appear to be available from Canon USA, but it is hard to be sure since they don't have release dates or version numbers on their web site (I know, a very professional operation :-)

The release dates for everything except the Mac stuff are about November 22 or 23.  For anyone having problems with any aspect of IPF5000 operation, might be a good idea to give these updates a try.  I know I plan to :-)

Full details of latest versions available can be found on the Wiki:

http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com

There is a new link on the front page to a list of the latest available drivers, etc.

--John

jbryer

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:55:36 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm running a MacBook Pro 10.4.8 and am having trouble getting prints centered when printing from the PS Plugin. I'll give this a try later and let you know how I make out.

-Jason

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:41:37 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm running a MacBook Pro 10.4.8 and am having trouble getting prints centered when printing from the PS Plugin. I'll give this a try later and let you know how I make out.

-Jason
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88771\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jason,

What sort of trouble with centering?  The reason I ask is that my prints through the plugin (version 2.00 on Windows) are slightly off center when I select "Center" in plugin.  Not a lot, but immediately obvious.  For landscape image, right and left margin differ by about an eighth of an inch.  So far, I find that I have to add 0.07 inches to the left margin to get a centered print.  This makes the centering function kind of useless since I have to mess with it each time.

When I called Canon support, the guy thought he had heard something about this problem, but either didn't have access or was too lazy to look it up.  He told me to report by email.  I received a totally useless reply which didn't even address the point.  I am hoping the problem has been fixed in the 2.01 update on Canon Europe.

Let me know.  It may be a day or two before I have time to install and check it out myself.

--John

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 01:33:50 pm »

My prints are centered (within 1/32"). I'm using Mac OS 10.4.8 and the Canadian update printing via the plug-in.  I, too, am printing from my MacBook (Intel) until I move my G5 closer to the printer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:36:09 pm by DFAllyn »

jbryer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 02:12:20 pm »

I've tried the Canada and Europe plugins and non of them work for me.

The problem I'm having is that no matter the margins I choose, it always places the image 1/8 from the top edge (that is, the side that comes out first which would be the top for portraits or the left for landscape). What's weird is that it use to work fine for me but stopped working when I installed the roll adapter and Canadian update (I was stupid and did both at the same time). I've talked to Canon and they tried to help, but right now their line is 10.4.8 is unsupported.

I've tried every combination of plugins (CD, Canada, Europe) with and without the roll adapter.

John, I saw the note in the wiki and tried that with no luck. If I print using the OS driver, it prints centered so it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem

One last question, to uninstall all I need to do is delete the "Print Plugin for iPF5000" folder from the plugins folder?

-Jason

jbryer

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 02:13:29 pm »

One other thing. You can still use inches in the European plugin.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:13:45 pm by jbryer »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »

One other thing. You can still use inches in the European plugin.

-Jason
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88843\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suspected that was a bunch of BS.  

Are you saying that the prints are 1/8 inch from the "top" of the paper?  Very strange.  The fact that it only happens with the plugin means definitely a software problem.  No clue about what could be causing this.  If I have any ideas, will post again.

--John

jbryer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 02:36:04 pm »

O.K., it is now working. I used spotlight to figure out if there were any other iPF5000 files on my machine, which there were in the ~/Library/Preferences folder. I deleted all the Garo and iPF5000 folders, the plugin from Photoshop's directory, reinstalled, and now my prints are centered. Not sure why, but this may be worth putting in the wiki under the "when all logic fails, try this hail mary."

-Jason

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 02:38:49 pm »

It it were me,  and if the roll feed was installed after initial installation of the printer, I would probably uninstall all software, delete the printer from the OS X printer list. Then reinstall all software with the roll feed in place. I'd probably also power down the printer and unplug it for a moment. But that's just my way of tackling this stuff.

If you have not already, I think that I would power down and unplug before doing the more extreme stuff.

Dale

Edit: Sorry, we cross posted. Glad you got it working.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:39:35 pm by DFAllyn »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 02:43:39 pm »

Glad you got it working.  Will add to the Wiki as a "Hail Mary" tonite.  Is there any difference in the plugin (compared to the U.S. version) that you can see?

--John

jbryer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:55:03 pm »

I haven't seen any difference between the three except that the European version has an ANSI B [L]. I guess this is for putting the paper in with the long side first. Right now I'm using the Canadian version as the installer reports the version as 2.02 whereas the European version reports 2.01.

-Jason

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:47 pm »

I'm having a hard time with a MacBook Pro and the IPF5000, there doesn't seem to be any way of clearing the queue it builds up even though I ask for one print
I now have seven of the first single print I wanted to make..

When I tried sending a new shot it printed one then refused to print any more and started another queue...

The softwear/and manuals might as well have been written by the tax department, they make almost no sense...

I run ver. 3.5 of the Garo driver.
The printer is ver. 1.08
The Mac is 10.4.8
Pages: [1]   Go Up