Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: well, I guess I'll just have to wait - unless  (Read 5526 times)

katemann

well, I guess I'll just have to wait - unless
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:58 pm »

one of you has a suggestion that works.

I have been joyfully playing with LL since the windows version was released. I was delighted for the most part, and 4.1 was finally stable.

The library was a bit messed up. So, I deleted it. I then uninstalled 4.1, deleted all my lightroom directories and rebooted. I reinstalled Lightroom 4.1.

The install was fine, the readme file came up and then nothing happened.

I checked the Event Viewer - "Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system." The Source was "SidebySide". Whatever that is. and "Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully."

I don't have a clue what any of this means... and I wonder why I couldn't re-install the application.

If anyone has any idea, I should be grateful to hear.

X-Re

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:57:15 am »

Posting this on Adobe's forum might help, too... http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...id=72&catid=589
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

katemann

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:13 am »

Thanks, I'll try that.

hgmoore

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 11:26:09 am »

download "vcredist_x86.exe" from Microsoft and install

It is C++ runtime components for C++ 2005

I had the same problem with LR and a couple other apps, searched the error message on MS site.

harvey

katemann

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:11:06 pm »

thanks hg - I had managed to reinstall Lightroom by uninstalling yet again, downloading a new file and running the install. I had to do it four times. I had cleaned the registry and deleted the directory each time. I don't know why it worked actually - perhaps I held my mouth the right way the last time - maybe I no longer cared one way or the other!

I truly appreciate your taking the time to let me know about this fix.

I am running LR now, but nervously. As we expect v. 1.0 "at the end of the year or early in 2007", I feel I can wait for the final version before committing too much time to it.

I have Raw Shooter Premium for RAW processing and PSCS2 plus some sharpening plug-ins in the meantime. It's not like I can't work without the intriguing new interface.

thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up