Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZD and wideangle  (Read 10524 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
ZD and wideangle
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 05:35:15 pm »

Bernard, thanks for that  You mentioned earlier that there is no zoom capability, did you mean 'none at all' or immediately after exposure? I can zoom during review.

-Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Nik,

Well no, there is a zoom capability when reviewing an image, but at my firmware level it only gives access to a very soft image (probably the jpg taken along with the raw), and is therefore useless for assessing whether the image is critically sharp or not. My D2x zoom enables me to figure out if the image is sharp or not.

Regards,
Bernard

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
ZD and wideangle
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:35 pm »

Hello Nik,

Well no, there is a zoom capability when reviewing an image, but at my firmware level it only gives access to a very soft image (probably the jpg taken along with the raw), and is therefore useless for assessing whether the image is critically sharp or not. My D2x zoom enables me to figure out if the image is sharp or not.

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Man, I really hope a firmware upgrade could allow 100% zooming to check image sharness on the ZD.  I really don't see the point of the current zoom function.  Right now, you just have to hope, unless shooting tethered.

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
ZD and wideangle
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 08:45:18 pm »

Man, I really hope a firmware upgrade could allow 100% zooming to check image sharness on the ZD.  I really don't see the point of the current zoom function.  Right now, you just have to hope, unless shooting tethered.

Quentin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Quentin,

I just gave my ZD away for a factory firmware upgrade this morning. I'll get it back on Friday 15th. I am not sure what exactly the latest firmware brings, we'll see.

In fact, I wasn't really sure what the initial firmware level was, only that it wasn't the latest.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up