Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When to order new ink...  (Read 2844 times)

cariarer

When to order new ink...
« on: November 30, 2006, 08:53:49 am »

Hi everyone,

I have one of my ink cartridges down to 20%. What's the time I have to replace it, or rather when to order a new one? Do I get a warning, or something like this? Since the other are 40% and 60%, does that mean, that the counter works in 20% increments?

Kind regards, Marco...

michael

When to order new ink...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 09:44:06 am »

Don't actually replace the cartridge until it runs dry. The printer will start warning you on the LCD panel that an ink is running low, but this could be anywhere from 20 to 100 prints prior to actually running dry. It all depends on the size and colour and subject matter that you're printing.

When you buy replacements depends on availability of inks, locally or via mailorder. I usually order when I get the first warning message, unless I'm in the middle of a big project in which case I always keep spares on hand..

Michael

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
When to order new ink...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:17:18 pm »

As Michael said, don't change the cartridge until it is empty. Why throw away ink?

Order new ink so that new cartridges arrive before existing ones run out.

cariarer

When to order new ink...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:54:57 am »

Order new ink so that new cartridges arrive before existing ones run out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87904\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I probably explained my self incorrectly. I don't plan on changing cartridges before they are empty. What I want to know is, at what point does the printer warn me that the ink is running low, so I can order new ink. I want to order them as late as possible, without running dry before they arrive. Since I have a photo studio, I print about 20 A4 pages a day (since Canon did not yet manage to send out an technician to fix my roll paper unit  )

Kind regards, Marco...

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
When to order new ink...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 04:03:38 am »

You'll have to figure that out on your own, as only you know how much you print and how long it takes for your supplier to deliver after ordering. Get some spares on hand now, and as you print more, you'll get a better idea of how long you can wait before ordering. My experience is that when I let ink run low, that is when I get a large print job and then I have to explain to the client why the job is waiting for supplies.

John Hollenberg

When to order new ink...
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 04:46:49 pm »

According to Canon support, ink light starts flashing when ink cartridge reaches 20%.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up