Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO Optics Pro  (Read 2521 times)

tgphoto

DxO Optics Pro
« on: November 29, 2006, 04:58:52 pm »

I'm interested in this application's ability to correct CA and lens distortions, and its extensive lens support.

Just wondering if anybody uses DxO Optics Pro, and, if so, where (if at all) does this fit into your workflow?

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
DxO Optics Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:08 pm »

I was just today looking at DxO and was wondering the same exact thing. According to their website it can only process RAWs and JPEGs so it would have to be the RAW processor - I doubt anyone serious enough to use DxO would re-save JPEGs. If this is the case, using a reportedly superior RAW processor such as C1 is out of the question, which I think would be a shame.

How I see it fitting in my potential workflow if it works with TIFFs would be:

RAW processing in C1 to TIFF
lens correcting the TIFF in DxO
Any further adjustment in CS2 -> archive and output

Now if I could only fit Lightzone's (not Lightroom) zone function somewhere I'd be happy as I really like its intuitivity.

Unfortunately, at the moment DxO doesn't support my gear combo so it's a pretty moot point for me. It would be nice to be able to make your own profiles.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
DxO Optics Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:20:57 am »

Some hints:

1. DxO is a very decent RAW converter, and I have used it on a regular basis, V4 is pretty good at least,

2. Many people who never bothered trying - or didn't like what they saw - use DxO only to corrected distorsion, and output the result as a DNG file that can afterwards be processed by the few converters that support DNG (mostly Adobe ACR and Lightroom).

Regards,
Bernard

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
DxO Optics Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:49:38 am »

2. Many people who never bothered trying - or didn't like what they saw - use DxO only to corrected distorsion, and output the result as a DNG file that can afterwards be processed by the few converters that support DNG (mostly Adobe ACR and Lightroom).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, so it could be used as the first RAW-converter, output to DNG for final processing in C1/ACR/Lightroom? Maybe I'll take a look at it when they release profiles for my gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up