Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a portable HD/CF reader  (Read 12174 times)

Graham Welland

Looking for a portable HD/CF reader
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 06:53:16 am »

I just deleted a bunch of folders from mine without having to delete each image.  I just move the curser until the folder I wanted to get rid of is highlighted and then select Menu and Delete.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are quite right! Maybe this changed in a firmware release because I'm sure I couldn't do it in the past, or perhaps (probably) I've just been a dumb a** and missed it ... Thanks!
Graham

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 07:10:00 am »

What do you guys use to back up these gizmos when you go off to Thailand for two weeks for Africa for four months?
Another identical gizmo.

But seriously, that's what I did on that Nepal-Tibet-Yunnan trip last fall; a friend and I got each our P-2000, and we stored our images to both devices.

In any case, that's twice as paranoid as one would've been with film.

You are quite right! Maybe this changed in a firmware release because I'm sure I couldn't do it in the past, or perhaps (probably) I've just been a dumb a** and missed it ... Thanks!
If it was in a firmware release, then that was part of the firmware included in my P-2000 upon purchase in September 2005.
Jan

matt4626

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 11:45:28 am »

Another vote for Hyperdrive.

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:47 pm »

I choose a Vosonic 8870 over a Hyperdrive UDMA basically in a coin toss.  I have no experience using a Hyperdrive for comparison, but believe there are general strengths of each.  Hyperdrive UDMA:  speed and built-in crashed card recovery.   Vosonic 8870:  no-tools battery swap, USB charging, records and plays video, and a super nice screen equivalent to Epson, but slower than Hyperdrive.  

A speed improvement for the Vosonic is available in new firmware 1.0.0.   I tested a full 16GB Sandisk Extreme IV UDMA "45MB/s" CF card, and backup took 24:15.

Jonathan Ratzlaff

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 03:51:45 pm »

in Venice,with a netbook with 160GB drive. Perfect for storing images. Because I am using a D90 I don't need a cf card reader, however because they are cheap not really a problem.  A lot more flexibility for the $450 it cost me than any standalone storage.  I also got a 40gb smartdisk for $50 at NCIX before I left that would fit the bill for you exactly.  Not sure if they have any more stock, but the price was right.  Use it for backup.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up