Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silvestri  (Read 2662 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Silvestri
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:27 pm »

The background.

I want super wide.

I want Rise and fall.

I want small.

I want fast.

My customers can live with 15MP

I own H1, I own Nikon 14,17,28Shift ect, I own a 47Digitar

I wont be 'upgrading' my back

I cant afford ALPA and refuse to splash that cash with no reliable method of focussing

I own a D200 and it is cr*p compared to the real estate of my Eyelike

===========================================

So it seems the silvestri bicam camera can take nikkors, with an adaption (to the lense) take my 47

It will offer rise/fall on the 47 lense and (cropped) superwide via my Nikkors

Has anyone got any experience of this system?

And in particular can anyone comment on the cropping of the Nikkor image circle cuased by the use of a copal press shutter?

Is a version available with a copal 3 shutter which has a bigger hole in the middle?

I have been considering Cambo but you need a 'Miniwide' for nikkors and a 'Wide' for view camera lenses - can anyone tell me this is not true ??

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Boghb

Silvestri
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:56:14 pm »

Sam

I like my Silvestri but haven't gotten to use it much as I'm waiting for the lenses.  I will be using it with the p45.  As with the Arca, I am having to tweak focus on the sliding back.  Believe it or not, Silvestri is nice enough to send a technician to Zurich to get pin-point focus with a laser gadget.

The advantage of this system is the possibility to use a sliding back; and, with the addition of the flexibellows, tilt.  Longer lenses do not need a bayonet mount with the flexibellows.  So, it is almost like a 6x9 LF but surdier and more field-usable.

When you call Silvestri, you first get a nice lady who will quickly connect you to a top technician (also very nice) who will take the time to get you set up with the right lenses and accessories.  These are the kind of people I like to do business with.

I looked at the Alpa.  They are down the street from me.  It is nice to look at, but without a sliding back or tilt (or even rise) it is too limited for me.

Marsupilami

Silvestri
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 04:17:08 am »

Sam

I like my Silvestri but haven't gotten to use it much as I'm waiting for the lenses.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello !

I also looked at the Bicam and what I would like to know how acurate focusing is, specially if you use tilt with the Flexibellow and wide angle lenses. any experiences ?

Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up