Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustration with dealers  (Read 19215 times)

yaya

Frustration with dealers
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 11:59:39 am »

Yair,

you seem to take plaisure each time to slash on all who are not on your side and using different products than yours, and this plaisure makes you sometimes answer to fast!

Please read precisely what I was writing, before answering: I did not say that price policies or distribution channels have something to do with answering an email, BUT with the final price of a product to its enduser!

As for answering emails: you are certainly right that it has to do with respect, agree! I did not deny this.
Aon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88258\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand what is the connection between taking sides, owning products and a normal business practice?

You saidI am not surprised that 80% didn't reply: do remember that most what you call "Dealers" are in fact exclusive distributors. They won't reply to such an email sent-out, wthout knowing you and yourself taking more direct contact with themand being more specific. They are bound with contract issues which limits their selling to the country where they are based. And they are getting hundreds of such "email demands", with most being nothing other than a price comparison. I think there time is precious to answer all these demands.

None of this is an excuse for not replying an email from a prospect!  

If I was an AD looking for a photographer for a job, sending 15 emails to potential photographers, needless to say that the ones who answer will get my anttention!

Their "precious time" is not precious if it is not spent on expanding their business by chasing prospects...

This is true in selling cooking books as much as it is is true is selling high-end digital backs...

Yair

khwanaon

• http://
Frustration with dealers
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 12:04:53 pm »

I don't understand what is the connection between taking sides, owning products and a normal business practice?

You saidI am not surprised that 80% didn't reply: do remember that most what you call "Dealers" are in fact exclusive distributors. They won't reply to such an email sent-out, wthout knowing you and yourself taking more direct contact with themand being more specific. They are bound with contract issues which limits their selling to the country where they are based. And they are getting hundreds of such "email demands", with most being nothing other than a price comparison. I think there time is precious to answer all these demands.

None of this is an excuse for not replying an email from a prospect! 

If I was an AD looking for a photographer for a job, sending 15 emails to potential photographers, needless to say that the ones who answer will get my anttention!

Their "precious time" is not precious if it is not spent on expanding their business by chasing prospects...

This is true in selling cooking books as much as it is is true is selling high-end digital backs...

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't please try to return your answer: you stated that I said that price policies and distribution channels have to do with answering an email with product information. I did not say this at all.

It is not the first time you are distorting posts, interestingly each time from somebody not using your products.

This is what I cannot accept.

For the rest, I did not say the contrary of what you are stating.

Again: read carefully before answering with your own agenda.

Aon

Fritzer

Frustration with dealers
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2006, 12:07:45 pm »

Yair,

you seem to take plaisure each time to slash on all who are not on your side and using different products than yours, and this plaisure makes you sometimes answer to fast!

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88258\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, that has not been my impression of Yair's contribution so far.

Best,
Tom

yaya

Frustration with dealers
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2006, 12:49:46 pm »

Aon you are assuming that I know which product you use...wel I don't, as much as I don't know who or where you are or what you do for a living.

You could be using a Holga, a Phase or a Canon and I'd still say that dealers should be responsive, whether they sell cameras, cars or cottage cheese....

Yair

khwanaon

• http://
Frustration with dealers
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2006, 01:29:54 pm »

Aon you are assuming that I know which product you use...wel I don't, as much as I don't know who or where you are or what you do for a living.

You could be using a Holga, a Phase or a Canon and I'd still say that dealers should be responsive, whether they sell cameras, cars or cottage cheese....

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yair,

it is not important who I am, which product i am using, nor with what I am doing a living and where I am doing this living.
Fact is that you have not the right to distort posts: this is a public forum with hundreds if not  tausends of people reading what is written.

This is simply unfair and has nothing to do here.

I just read posts and have remembrance of another such issue where I was involved with 2 others posters and when their posts had been distorted or un-true things said.

If you wish to know , you can contact me offline.

Aon

E_Edwards

Frustration with dealers
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2006, 01:40:45 pm »

Khwanaon,

I think you are over-reacting. I couldn't see any distortion or anything improper in Yair's reply.

Edward

marcwilson

• http://www.marcwilson.co.uk
Frustration with dealers
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2006, 02:55:55 pm »

Sorry but I really do not see where this thread is going like this..it's a good thread..as are most here full of valuable inforation and advice..can we not keep it that way now and get back to the matter in hand..anyway, i think discussing cameras cars and cottage cheese means we should have a smile on our faces now!

Marc
www.marcwilson.co.uk [url=http://www.mar
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up