Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPSIZING WITH FRED  (Read 3821 times)

D. King

UPSIZING WITH FRED
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:31:43 pm »

Fred Miranda is advertising Resize Pro, a Photoshop plugin designed specifically for the Canon 5D.  

I have his SI Pro (Stair Interpolation) and Genuine Fractals -- both of which work quite well.   But since I'm now working with a 5D I'm wondering if this new version will improve my results by any discernable amount.  I'm assuming that there is something about the 5D's raw files that Resize Pro takes advantage of.  

Any thoughts on this?

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
UPSIZING WITH FRED
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:35:47 pm »

Fred Miranda is advertising Resize Pro, a Photoshop plugin designed specifically for the Canon 5D. 

I have his SI Pro (Stair Interpolation) and Genuine Fractals -- both of which work quite well.   But since I'm now working with a 5D I'm wondering if this new version will improve my results by any discernable amount.  I'm assuming that there is something about the 5D's raw files that Resize Pro takes advantage of. 

Any thoughts on this?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Woud seem uncessary to me unless you have a VERY specific requirement for uprezing 5D files. 12.8mp is a LOT of mp and can produce a very high quality print without uprezzing in my experience. Thats my take on it anyway.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
UPSIZING WITH FRED
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:07:13 am »

I don't bother resizing images; QImage scales an image to any reasonable size just as well as any other resizing program, and I've used Genuine Fractals and several other resizing products. I wouldn't waste the money.

rvanr

• http://www.vanruitenbeek.com/
UPSIZING WITH FRED
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:01:18 am »

I have his SI Pro (Stair Interpolation) and Genuine Fractals -- both of which work quite well.   But since I'm now working with a 5D I'm wondering if this new version will improve my results by any discernable amount.  I'm assuming that there is something about the 5D's raw files that Resize Pro takes advantage of. 

Any thoughts on this?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you have a programme which has had many good reviews, like Genuine Fractals, I would think that would cover your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up