Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joshua Tree  (Read 3444 times)

Carmine

Joshua Tree
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:21:38 pm »

I'm heading to Joshua Tree National Monument next week. I've been there before but I'm interested in looking for some remote treasures to photograph. Any suggestions?

howiesmith

Joshua Tree
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:47:08 am »

There was a forum member named didger (now deceased) who lived very near Joshua Tree and he hiked there frequently.  I think this topic was discussed here before with some out of the way places discussed by him.  Good luck.

Carmine

Joshua Tree
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:36:06 am »

howiesmith, thank you. I found his posts but doing a search under his name.

desert hiker

Joshua Tree
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 12:34:43 pm »

I'm heading to Joshua Tree National Monument next week. I've been there before but I'm interested in looking for some remote treasures to photograph. Any suggestions?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87379\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you haven't seen the film they're selling in the visitor center yet you should check it out.  It shows some really incredible footage of the park with some remote hiking destinations that are truly unforgettable.  We were blown away when we saw it.  We bought our copy when we were at the park but I think you can buy it on line too (DVD sleeve says www.cragcam.com).  My wife is really in to photography (I'm into hiking) and she was pretty happy with the pine city hike and quail mt. landscapes.

have fun!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up