Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Cinema vs. Dell 2005PW?  (Read 4136 times)

4x5

Apple Cinema vs. Dell 2005PW?
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »

I'm in the market for a new monitor; my current LCD is 6 years old. I'm buying an Epson 9800 wide-jet printer and color management is going to become very important once I start using this printer. I own a Gretag Eye-One Display-Two colorimeter and I have access to an Eye-One spectrophotometer for scanner and printer profiling. I currently use an Epson 4990 to do my scanning of 4x5 transparencies.

I've more or less narrowed my choices down to the Apple Cinema 20" and Dell 2005PW LCD monitors, although I'll take any other suggestions. I've heard that the LCDs used in each are identical although the backlight displays are different as well as some other features. Does anyone on the forum have an opinion as to which one would be the better monitor for serious color management? The price difference between the two is considerable but if the Apple is clearly the better monitor I'd be willing to pick up the tab for it. BTW, I have a Wintel system.

Thanks!

4x5

Apple Cinema vs. Dell 2005PW?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:16:14 pm »

My apologies, please disregard my post asking for advice on LCD monitors. Isee there's a very good thread already running on this subject ("LCD Monitor Recommendations ").

4x5
Pages: [1]   Go Up