Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images not centered on iPF5000  (Read 3515 times)

jbryer

Images not centered on iPF5000
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:40:37 pm »

Ever since I installed the roll adapter on the iPF5000 the prints from the cassette (I've tried 11x14 and 8.5x11) are no longer centered on the paper. I've made sure I selected center in the PS export driver.

Thanks,
Jason

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 09:39:56 pm »

Ever since I installed the roll adapter on the iPF5000 the prints from the cassette (I've tried 11x14 and 8.5x11) are no longer centered on the paper. I've made sure I selected center in the PS export driver.

Thanks,
Jason
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87077\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jason,

I was not able to get the plug-in to recognize my addition of the 11x14" paper size. I print this size paper when printing 8x12 images.

Here's how I handled it. I selected 10x15" paper size and instructed it to print 1" from the top and 1.5" from the left. This is under the Page Setup tab in the Layout section. I choose the "Specify Print Start Position" to do this. This setting is for a portrait mode image, and I guess you'd reverse those for a landscape. I've not printed landscape of this size image on 11x14 yet. Only larger paper. The small preview pane will show the image off center, but it prints centered.

This is an area that Canon needs to fix. If the custom paper size (yeah, 11x14 is real custom) would stick and be a choice, we could forgo this tricking stuff.  

HTH,

Dale

Edit: I should mention that I have had the roll feed installed since the initial setup.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 09:43:54 pm by DFAllyn »

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 10:22:04 pm »

My plug in has 11x14 as a standard paper size choice, therefore no need for choosing custom to define it. Are you saying you have no 11x14 standard choice or something else?
Gary

Did you know that you can drag the image in the preview pan to the (visual) position you want it (ie - top left, right, bottom, off center, center etc...)?

Hi Jason,

I was not able to get the plug-in to recognize my addition of the 11x14" paper size. I print this size paper when printing 8x12 images.

Here's how I handled it. I selected 10x15" paper size and instructed it to print 1" from the top and 1.5" from the left. This is under the Page Setup tab in the Layout section. I choose the "Specify Print Start Position" to do this. This setting is for a portrait mode image, and I guess you'd reverse those for a landscape. I've not printed landscape of this size image on 11x14 yet. Only larger paper. The small preview pane will show the image off center, but it prints centered.

This is an area that Canon needs to fix. If the custom paper size (yeah, 11x14 is real custom) would stick and be a choice, we could forgo this tricking stuff. 

HTH,

Dale

Edit: I should mention that I have had the roll feed installed since the initial setup.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87082\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:41:07 pm »

My plug in has 11x14 as a standard paper size choice, therefore no need for choosing custom to define it. Are you saying you have no 11x14 standard choice or something else?
Gary

Did you know that you can drag the image in the preview pan to the (visual) position you want it (ie - top left, right, bottom, off center, center etc...)?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Gary,

That's correct. I have no 11x14 as a standard size. I installed the Plug-in from the Canon Canada site on to an Intel Mac. Perhaps I should have installed the version on the CD (U.S.) and then try to to apply the Canada sourced download as an update. I didn't expect there to be that kind of difference so just went with the newer version.

I'll install the software from the CD onto another Mac and have a look. Then I can try the update to that Mac. If it looks right I'll uninstall and reinstall, first from CD then apply the Canadian update. Maybe Canon will have a U.S. update by the time I get to that.

And no, I did not think to try to drag the image in the preview pane, but I have not had an application where that would be needed yet. In my situation described above, the preview shows the image centered because it's expecting the 10x15" paper. Hence, the "trick". It's a good tip for other layout needs, thank you.

Dale

jbryer

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 12:55:26 pm »

Well, I reinstalled the plugin from the CD (uninstalled the updated version first) and still no luck. The dialog does show ANSI B (11.00in x 17.00in) as an option. I choose "Center of Output Media Size" for the layout, but the print is still not centered on the paper. I'll probably give Canon a call and will let you know what they say.

-Jason

jbryer

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:22:40 am »

It appears that the problem is with the plugin. If I print using the OS driver, the print is centered. Has anyone else experiences this issue?

-Jason

John Hollenberg

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 09:54:09 am »

It appears that the problem is with the plugin. If I print using the OS driver, the print is centered. Has anyone else experiences this issue?

-Jason
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How far off from center are the prints?  I found that mine had top and bottom margins that differed by an eighth of an inch (consistently in same direction).  Had to put a slop factor of 0.07 inches to get them to come out right.  Let us know if you find out anything else.

--John

jbryer

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:55:53 am »

One edge will be 1/8" and the other whatever is left over. I've been testing with 8.5x11 (though the problem persists on 11x14 as well) and I typically size the paper to 10", but when printed one edge is 1/8" and the other 7/8". Everything in the plugin shows correctly (i.e. .5" from top and the preview is centered).
Pages: [1]   Go Up