Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Colorlife Paper  (Read 2196 times)

DerekKemp

Epson Colorlife Paper
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:18:49 am »

Greetings all.

It would seem Epson have seen fit to remove their color life paper from production. To me this is an incredibly bad move for the low end user, as several popular printers depend on that one paper to sustain the highest specification of those printers. The longevity of prints is fairly good with this paper and dye inks.

For sure, the paper is no longer listed in the Canadian Epson web site, and the U.S. web site shows both sizes as out of stock. (...not likely to be stocked again iether).

Does anyone have inside info on this? One person has suggested to me that they may in fact be preparing to re-introduce it under another name. I hope so.

DK

pwimaging

Epson Colorlife Paper
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:18:59 pm »

Greetings all.

It would seem Epson have seen fit to remove their color life paper from production. To me this is an incredibly bad move for the low end user, as several popular printers depend on that one paper to sustain the highest specification of those printers. The longevity of prints is fairly good with this paper and dye inks.

For sure, the paper is no longer listed in the Canadian Epson web site, and the U.S. web site shows both sizes as out of stock. (...not likely to be stocked again iether).

Does anyone have inside info on this? One person has suggested to me that they may in fact be preparing to re-introduce it under another name. I hope so.

DK
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ilford gallerie classic pearl is supposedly the same paper. check it out at inkjetart.com   paul

Richowens

Epson Colorlife Paper
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:51:03 am »

Ilford Gallery Classic Pearl is a very good alternative to Color Life, but they are not the same paper. I have printed with both and in my opinion Ilford gives a little more saturation and less magenta than Color Life with the same settings.

The only dislike I have for the Pearl is the time needed to completely dry before mounting and matting. It takes at least a week before it loses the "sticky" feel, sometimes two.

Rich

lbergman

Epson Colorlife Paper
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:04:32 am »

Greetings all.

DK
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I emailed a question to Epson a couple weeks ago, asking since the Colorlife paper was discontinued, what paper they would recommend in its place to get the longest life (I have a 1280). The response I got was less than satisfactory; they just basically said to contact a sales rep at Epson to discuss my needs.

On the Colorlife paper in particular, I thought I remembered reading something about it (maybe a couple years ago) that there was something about the stuff used in manufacturing it that was very environmentally unfriendly, so they discontinued it. I could be quite wrong on this, however.
Pages: [1]   Go Up