Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambling Aperture...  (Read 27909 times)

Andy M

• http://
Ambling Aperture...
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 05:32:30 am »

I'm travelling to asia for 5 weeks in just over a weeks time. When I return, if I'm having the same problems I may give them a shout

yuri

Ambling Aperture...
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 12:56:39 pm »

Andy,

I am a little confused and curious by all of this. What would you have liked Apple to do?

I agree that this is amazing customer service. You should not be put off by the fact that you are a hobbyist. You purchased the product(s) and it is not behaving accordingly, so it should be remedied.

Let us know if the problem is resolved.

Yuri

Hey Francois,

As much as I'd love to accept the offer, I am going to decline. Firstly, because I suspect it may simply be a hardware issue; and secondly, because I'm hardly a professional. If my wage were to rely on my use of Aperture, then I would definitely accept, but it doesn't - photography is a hobby to me, little more.

Thanks for your help
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87182\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andy M

• http://
Ambling Aperture...
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 02:03:55 pm »

I am a little confused and curious by all of this. What would you have liked Apple to do?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To be honest Yuri, when I wrote the letter my primary intention was simply venting my displeasure.

Apple had presented Aperture 1.5 as being the absolute pinnacle of professional photo management  software. I'd spent big on a new Mac Pro, on Aperture itself and yet it was still like a dog, and very much at the other end of the spectrum to what Apple had promised ("Bring Aperture 1.5 and the the new Macs together, and you have the ultimate photographer’s workstation").

I wrote my 'rant' perhaps in the hope that Apple would not rest on its laurels, would see that customers were still displeased with the product, in the hope that they would deliver on their promises.

My use of Aperture is currently somewhat limited due to work restrictions, and will remain so until I go travelling. My girlfriend and I are getting married while we're away, and so I'm sure you can understand how much time etc the planning is taking. A problem with a piece of software is very much on the backburner for now

I'm not hung up on simply being a hobbyist - I think it would be fair to say that I was initially amazed at Apple's offer; one which I would have previously thought would have only been offered to their big spending customers (businesses and the like).

If I'm still having problems when I return - when I will have a HUGE amount of photo's to get through () - I will be sure to call on them

Big Bird

Ambling Aperture...
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:11 pm »

Did you try what I mentioned earlier about stopping all the preview generation stuff?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up