Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 review  (Read 12977 times)

lbergman

Epson 3800 review
« on: November 22, 2006, 07:36:05 am »

Michael,

Just curious if you were planning any sort of review or a first look for the upcoming Epson 3800.

Thanks

michael

Epson 3800 review
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:19:00 am »

They start to ship in North America this seek, and I was told ny Epson that I could expect one (maybe).

If not I'll borrow one from a dealer. I'm quite curious to see how they work out.

Michael

lbergman

Epson 3800 review
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:05:56 am »

They start to ship in North America this seek, and I was told ny Epson that I could expect one (maybe).

If not I'll borrow one from a dealer. I'm quite curious to see how they work out.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the quick reply.

The 3800 does seem to have a number of compelling features (too bad it doesn't have a roll paper option though), such that I broke down and ordered one (preorder).  

How much worth would you give the Colorbyte software that is supposed to come with the professional version?

peterpix2005

• http://perpublisher.com
Epson 3800 review
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 09:21:57 am »

Michael, hope you can  compare the 3800 with the Canon  5000. I'm in the market for a new printer and there are choices!

Peter

lbergman

Epson 3800 review
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:04 am »

Michael, hope you can  compare the 3800 with the Canon  5000. I'm in the market for a new printer and there are choices!

Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86559\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One thing to keep in mind between the two if weight and size are important, is the Canon ipf5000 weighs over twice as much at 100lbs and is about 12" wider.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:38:21 am by lbergman »

madmanchan

• Web
Epson 3800 review
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:42:41 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.

The 3800 does seem to have a number of compelling features (too bad it doesn't have a roll paper option though), such that I broke down and ordered one (preorder). 

How much worth would you give the Colorbyte software that is supposed to come with the professional version?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86557\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Note that the pro version comes with ColorBurst RIP, which is not the same thing as Colorbyte. Colorbyte makes the ImagePrint RIP. Both are RIP software, but quite different.

Also note that the 3800, while it doesn't offer a roll paper option, will allow printing from the standard top feeder up to 37" in length using the Epson driver. Therefore if you have a sheet cutter (as I do) this may be ok. Not as convenient as using rolls, perhaps, but a compromise. I don't know what the maximum printing lengths are for the other inputs.

Eric
Eric Chan

lbergman

Epson 3800 review
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 09:47:29 am »

Note that the pro version comes with ColorBurst RIP, which is not the same thing as Colorbyte. Colorbyte makes the ImagePrint RIP. Both are RIP software, but quite different.

Also note that the 3800, while it doesn't offer a roll paper option, will allow printing from the standard top feeder up to 37" in length using the Epson driver. Therefore if you have a sheet cutter (as I do) this may be ok. Not as convenient as using rolls, perhaps, but a compromise. I don't know what the maximum printing lengths are for the other inputs.

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, you're right; my goof. But same question with the ColorBurst RIP.  

37" is kind of an odd number. Definitely better then 22", though.

Lyle
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:47:51 am by lbergman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up