Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hartblei 45mm f/3.5 Super-Rotator adapter...  (Read 37401 times)

Dinsmen

• http://
Hartblei 45mm f/3.5 Super-Rotator adapter...
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:28:04 am »

Does anyone know if there is an adapter for Hartblei 45mm f/3.5 Super-Rotator to mount on Canon 5D? Thanks.

William_Good

• http://www.williamwgood.com
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:38:59 am »

Does anyone know if there is an adapter for Hartblei 45mm f/3.5 Super-Rotator to mount on Canon 5D? Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi there
Yes there is a canon mount.....
Anybody have anecdotal experience with the hartbleis ?
Website URL in profile

vyanush

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:44:33 am »

Hi there
Yes there is a canon mount.....
Anybody have anecdotal experience with the hartbleis ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86357\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've just bought it for Mamiya ZD. Waiting for wee-end to evaluate IQ.

augg

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:13:56 pm »

I have a hartblei 45mm super rotator with a canon mount. Its a great lens. I have the canon 24mm and 90mm ts lenses and bought the hartblie to complete the set. The Hatblei is a big piece of glass! I think I'd prefer the 45mm canon because I just find the hartblei kinda heavy when I'm travelling with a number of lenses. It does offer more combinations/options when tilting and shifting. Great, great design and beautifully machined. Sharp too.

Mine is in like new condition and I'd be willing to consider resonable offers. I would still like to pack the little canon 45mm even though it is twice the price. Its purely a size/weight issue for me.

www.dancallis.com

Ron Steinberg

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »

I have a hartblei 45mm super rotator with a canon mount. Its a great lens. I have the canon 24mm and 90mm ts lenses and bought the hartblie to complete the set. The Hatblei is a big piece of glass! I think I'd prefer the 45mm canon because I just find the hartblei kinda heavy when I'm travelling with a number of lenses. It does offer more combinations/options when tilting and shifting. Great, great design and beautifully machined. Sharp too.

Mine is in like new condition and I'd be willing to consider resonable offers. I would still like to pack the little canon 45mm even though it is twice the price. Its purely a size/weight issue for me.

www.dancallis.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dan, I'm in Toronto and might be interested in your Hartblei 45mm. Can you email me a number that I can reach you at tonight? ron <at> ronsteinberg <dot> com. I had been looking at the Hartblei 65mm, but wasn't aware that the 45mm is available in Canon mount.

Cheers,
Ron

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 03:28:22 pm »

Hi Dan

Does the Hartblei have any chromatic aberration issues when shifted?

My Canon 45 does have a fair bit and does slow down the post processing routines
when I'm doing 3-4 frame pan stitching with it.

It is,of course,correctable but if i could start clean it would be preferable.

Thanks,
Mark

Ray

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:24:46 am »

What's interesting about the Hartblei PC 45 is the fact that the manufacturer (agent) publishes resolution statistics on their website here

They've used a very high resolution B&W film, T-Max 100, which apparently produces no noticeable degradation in contrast up to 50 lp/mm (ie. 100% MTF response at 50 lp/mm), and at 100 lp/mm, MTF response is still an impressive 60%.

However, the implication of these tests tend to indicate the lens could be a bit soft on 35mm format and very soft on APS-C format such as the 20D, 30D etc, if in fact it is able to be used on such cameras. (I suspect the protruding built-in flash might get in the way of such a bulky lens).

Since the 5D produces images at f16 that are only slightly less contrasty (sharp) than at f8 (on most zooms), the Hartblei PC 45 might give reasonably good results on that camera. However, whilst f16 produces little loss of contrast on the 5D, f22 is clearly into the diffraction limited zone, producing images which clearly are softer and less contrasty.

If you examine the resolution figures on the Hartblei site, you will see that resolution in the centre is the same at f16 and f22, ie. 55 lp/mm, which is greater than the resolution at f8. At 8mm from centre, f16 has the edge, but at 19mm from the centre, f22 has the edge.

In other words, your sharpest images from this lens should be at both f16 and f22, with f22 having the DoF edge of course.

However, one advantage I see over the Canon TS-E lenses, purely from the resolution aspect, is that the crop factor of 35mm format means you will not be using the eges of the image circle when using the Hartblei PC 45 with the 5D. One major criticism I have of my Canon TS-E 24mm when used with my 5D for stitching purposes (using shift) is a very noticeable resolution fall off at the outer edges, as well as strong vignetting. It's so bad, I've retaken some shots using my 20D from a greater distance to get the same FoV.

Of course, I understand that the main reason for getting a Hartblei is the greater flexibility of adjustments, but it woul be a pity if resolution had to be compromised in order to benefit from this greater flexibiity.

augg

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 08:54:08 am »

"Does the Hartblei have any chromatic aberration issues when shifted?"

To be honest, I haven't used the lens enough to notice. It is designed to use on a 2 1/4 camera so on full frame digital you're only using the center of the glass.

dan

Dinsmen

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 07:00:05 pm »

I went to the KeivCamera site to check this lens. I noticed that for placing orders it was asking for credit card information on a non-secure page, which of course I did not provide. Has any one done business with KeivCamera (supposedly a site within US), either online or by phone? I'd like to know if they are reliable.

David White

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 02:41:32 am »

I went to the KeivCamera site to check this lens. I noticed that for placing orders it was asking for credit card information on a non-secure page, which of course I did not provide. Has any one done business with KeivCamera (supposedly a site within US), either online or by phone? I'd like to know if they are reliable.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There's a guy who sells them on Ebay for $639 ([a href=\"http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=hartblei&category0=&submitSearch=Search]Hartblei lenses[/url]).

I was wondering if the lens mounts were interchangeable.  I'd like to have one for my Canon as well as my Mamiya 645AFD.
David White

augg

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 10:10:34 am »

"There's a guy who sells them on Ebay for $639"

I believe that's the same guy as Kiev Camera. I've dealt with him on the telephone and he was great.

I would sell my 'like new' canon mount, 45mm super rotator for $525 if anyone is interested.

www.dancallis.com

oscar falero

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 11:48:24 am »

"There's a guy who sells them on Ebay for $639"

I believe that's the same guy as Kiev Camera. I've dealt with him on the telephone and he was great.

I would sell my 'like new' canon mount, 45mm super rotator for $525 if anyone is interested.

www.dancallis.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If any one is interested in the coming days I will be listing my Mamiya AFD2 kit with Leaf A65 back .

The kit will include the 45 Super Rotator Mamiya mount( lens shade is included)

Oscar Falero

kerry

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 01:25:04 am »

I am thinking about buying a digitial SLR and getting a Hartblei because it is more affordable than the canon T/S lenses and looks like it does great T/S.  I have read that when you put it on a camera, the camera does not register that it has a lens on because the Hartblei lenses have no electronic function.  Since all T/S lenses are manual focus, what diffeence does it make?  I assume the camera's light meter will still work, correct?  can anybody help me out with this... I have a film SLR but haven't used it in about 4 years, I'm a bit rusty.  Thanks in advance for any help...
Pages: [1]   Go Up