Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF5000 GARO Status Monitor Says Paper Jam  (Read 2601 times)

John Hollenberg

IPF5000 GARO Status Monitor Says Paper Jam
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:19:39 pm »

I checked the status monitor on my IPF5000 and it says there is a paper jam I need to clear.  No auto roll holder installed (yet, it is being shipped), and haven't fed from the "tray", only the "cassette".  Prints fine, no error message shows on the printer LCD, just from the status monitor.

Has anyone else run into this "problem"?  Hasn't caused any trouble yet, but I don't like it when the driver gets confused.  Solutions?

--John

palderm

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 04:14:40 pm »

Hi John, My 5000 bought in May prints when the Garo says it is not connected. The paper settings on the Garo don"t match the printer well. Hiigh qualilty paper mueso innovaetc. won"t print from the cassette. I am in the process of returning my printer to Canon. It has other issues too! Palderm

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:39:49 pm »

The paper settings on the Garo don"t match the printer well.

Can you amplify on this please?

What other "issues" does it have besides the ones you mentioned?  So far it looks like a good fit for me, but I don't like seeing odd stuff like a confused status monitor popping up.

--John

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:24 pm »

Resolution:  Canon tech suggested I power cycle my computer, but I had already done that with no improvement.  He also suggested I unplug the power cord to the printer for about a minute and then plug it back in.  After doing this, the problem is resolved.  GARO status monitor now reports the printer is ready.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up