Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica M8  (Read 11677 times)

howiesmith

Leica M8
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 08:49:15 am »

If the polarizer is screwed in to the filter threads, there really isn't a good way to determine the amount of polarisation.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87519\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Determine the orientation you want before you screw it on by looking though it and turning.  Then screw it on and set the same orientation.  There is usually a mark on the filter's rim.

Michael O'Sullivan

Leica M8
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 05:46:17 pm »

I reiterate I am a big Leica fan but i believe in calling a spade a spade or a lemon a lemon. Nowhere did I ever hear Leitz claiming their cameras were superior b/w picture takers...they would be laughed at.  

There are digital cameras a fraction of the depth and price that have no filtration problems.
                           UV filters are for a specific purpose but many photographers keep then on for lens protection.
    No filters were made to cover up design faults. I think it is shameful to take the easy option for such a revered brand name and such an expensive piece of equipment.

william

Leica M8
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 06:34:07 pm »

I'm really torn by the M8.  On the one hand, I love using it.  On the other hand, Leica's proposed fix for the magenta issue leaves a lot to be desired.  I told my dealer I was waiting until the complete official word from Leica came down.  Now that that has become clear, and it seems as if the full scope of the fix will be filters, I'm inclined to return it.  And yet I love using it.  Then again, I have a film M too...

I reiterate I am a big Leica fan but i believe in calling a spade a spade or a lemon a lemon. Nowhere did I ever hear Leitz claiming their cameras were superior b/w picture takers...they would be laughed at.   

There are digital cameras a fraction of the depth and price that have no filtration problems.
                           UV filters are for a specific purpose but many photographers keep then on for lens protection.
    No filters were made to cover up design faults. I think it is shameful to take the easy option for such a revered brand name and such an expensive piece of equipment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

samwise279

Leica M8
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 11:14:41 am »

Hi - First post re:M8

Leica cameras - Leica/minoltaCL,M3 M7 M8. Rec'd the M8 from Eric @ Tamarkin at 9PM Nov 6th, left for 3 weeks in Myanmar Nov 7th at 7 AM. Visited hill tribes. Under extreme use conditions, dust, water, banging around in pick up truck,longtail boats, 100 degree temps,  loaning to villagers to record their thoughts, it is one helluva fine camera, worthy addition to the Leica family. Used 28 Elmarit, 50 Nocti, 90 Summicron, RAW, made about 3100 images. No complaints about IR or green blobs,as my goal is content, not the perfect print.  It has replaced my 5D as permanent sidekick.  Is it a pocket camera?  Surely as much an my Leica film cameras. Next test is Ladakh in Feb - cold, altitude.  Best test is to make photographs.
samwise279
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up