Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2400 Replacement  (Read 5807 times)

claskin

Epson 2400 Replacement
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:24:48 pm »

With the risk of seeming like just a rumour mill, I have recently been informed by what I believe to be a reliable source, that Epson will be replacing the 2400 in February. In addition, and this one I find hard to believe, they will be releasing a new inkset. When told of this, I suggested that it makes more sense to release a replacement for the 1800 with the new inkset. Does anyone else have further information?

Now please don't yell and scream at me for putting a cheap rumour on this site. If you have nothing nice to say, simply ignore this topic and it will quietly scroll away over the next few days.

Carl
Carl Laskin

dbell

Epson 2400 Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:33:11 pm »

With the risk of seeming like just a rumour mill, I have recently been informed by what I believe to be a reliable source, that Epson will be replacing the 2400 in February. In addition, and this one I find hard to believe, they will be releasing a new inkset. When told of this, I suggested that it makes more sense to release a replacement for the 1800 with the new inkset. Does anyone else have further information?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85968\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Onwards and upwards, I guess . My 2400 is just about 18 months old, and I'm still happy with it. Epson would have to really knock my socks off to convince me to drop a bunch of money on a new printer.

--
Daniel Bell

picnic

Epson 2400 Replacement
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:53:20 pm »

Well, I can only hope they aren't adding a new inkset since I have a 3800 on order with the K3 inks replacing my 2200   *smile*.

Diane

fotoflynn

Epson 2400 Replacement
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 06:18:56 pm »

Now please don't yell and scream at me for putting a cheap rumour on this site. If you have nothing nice to say, simply ignore this topic and it will quietly scroll away over the next few days.

Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85968\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It would make sense if they want to even up with HP and Canon on inks, quality and price.  What would be nice is if they would let us use the new inkset with our OLD 2400.  

TF

elauq

Epson 2400 Replacement
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 07:05:47 pm »

You’ve got three main camps when it comes to people shopping for replacement inkjet printers.

1)   Those that are satisfied with the universal aesthetics and timeless goodness of their current prints.  They have delivered prints for the world to view…nothing more need be done to the print but revel in its actual beauty, then move on to another image.  These people love their spouse for eternity, do not divorce, and needn’t another printer.  No one on this list fits this category.

2)   Those that continuously compare their printer with the latest greatest offerings.  More better—more DPI, shades, colors, bits, resolution—there’s something hopeful in the next printer that will make their prints sufficiently better, perhaps not revolutionary better, but got-it-have-it better, to cause to move up, given the right circumstances.  These people generally love their significant other and are understanding of human faults.

3)   These people detest magenta dots in highlights, perseverate on deep shadow detail and want something incomparable to any current photographic process.  They can discern an 8x10 contact print from a LightJet from an inkjet without use of a loupe.  Rather than sending man to Mars and money to political parties, if the world’s resources could be spent on the ultimate printer, then there might be something worthwhile in which to output their images.  These metaprinters dreams run wet with the blackest of ink, their photographic phantasms printing perfect possibilities.  This category represents everyone on the list.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Epson 2400 Replacement
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 09:19:29 pm »

You’ve got three main camps when it comes to people shopping for replacement inkjet printers.

1)   Those that are satisfied with the universal aesthetics and timeless goodness of their current prints.  They have delivered prints for the world to view…nothing more need be done to the print but revel in its actual beauty, then move on to another image.  These people love their spouse for eternity, do not divorce, and needn’t another printer.  No one on this list fits this category.

<snip>
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm pretty close to your first camp. But if either my wife or my printer should die, I might well go shopping for a replacement. (By the way, my wife isn't Epson, Canon, or HP.)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up