Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Sur  (Read 2742 times)

tazmouse

Big Sur
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:06:15 pm »

My family and I are going to Big Sur for the Thanksgiving weekend.  I've been there many times before (one of the most beautiful places on Earth, for sure) but this is my first trip as a serious photog.  I am looking for suggestions on locations to shoot.  I'm having my first show in February and want to capture some dynamite images.  Thanks.

raptorsys

Big Sur
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 07:52:52 pm »

My family and I are going to Big Sur for the Thanksgiving weekend.  I've been there many times before (one of the most beautiful places on Earth, for sure) but this is my first trip as a serious photog.  I am looking for suggestions on locations to shoot.  I'm having my first show in February and want to capture some dynamite images.  Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A lot will depend on how much time you have and the weather.  If you have several days or more then driving the PCH down to about Cambria will offer many great views and opertunities including the seals at Piedras Blancas.  There's much to see around Big Sur itself but I'd also drive up to SF also along the PCH.  On the way to SF are many more nice places including:  Monterey/Pacific Grove, Moss Landing, the Venitian style homes near the pier at Capitola, surfing along the shore of Santa Cruz, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, the Ano Nuevo lighthouse, the abandonned WWII gun emplacement above Pacifica.  In addition to these places there a MANY coves and whatknot that can't be seen from the road but if you get out and hike you'll see some great opertunities.  Look at the following website for some idea of the coastal opertunites between SF and Cambria.

[a href=\"http://www.californiacoastline.org/]http://www.californiacoastline.org/[/url]

Brian

tazmouse

Big Sur
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 08:15:54 pm »

A lot will depend on how much time you have and the weather.  If you have several days or more then driving the PCH down to about Cambria will offer many great views and opertunities including the seals at Piedras Blancas.  There's much to see around Big Sur itself but I'd also drive up to SF also along the PCH.  On the way to SF are many more nice places including:  Monterey/Pacific Grove, Moss Landing, the Venitian style homes near the pier at Capitola, surfing along the shore of Santa Cruz, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, the Ano Nuevo lighthouse, the abandonned WWII gun emplacement above Pacifica.  In addition to these places there a MANY coves and whatknot that can't be seen from the road but if you get out and hike you'll see some great opertunities.  Look at the following website for some idea of the coastal opertunites between SF and Cambria.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85983\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  I'll definitely check out your suggestions!

tazmouse

Big Sur
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:33:32 pm »

A lot will depend on how much time you have and the weather.  If you have several days or more then driving the PCH down to about Cambria will offer many great views and opertunities including the seals at Piedras Blancas.  There's much to see around Big Sur itself but I'd also drive up to SF also along the PCH.  On the way to SF are many more nice places including:  Monterey/Pacific Grove, Moss Landing, the Venitian style homes near the pier at Capitola, surfing along the shore of Santa Cruz, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, the Ano Nuevo lighthouse, the abandonned WWII gun emplacement above Pacifica.  In addition to these places there a MANY coves and whatknot that can't be seen from the road but if you get out and hike you'll see some great opertunities.  Look at the following website for some idea of the coastal opertunites between SF and Cambria.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85983\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up