Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop "Extraction" question  (Read 2547 times)

JJP

Photoshop "Extraction" question
« on: November 18, 2006, 07:48:58 am »

Good Day Folks,
Been using the mouse.....but results have been so and so.....is there a low cost device that can achieve better results than a mouse?
jj
JJ

francois

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:11:29 am »

Good Day Folks,
Been using the mouse.....but results have been so and so.....is there a low cost device that can achieve better results than a mouse?
jj
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85917\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wacom (and other brands) do offer graphic tablets for less than $100. For some, it's the way to go and for some others it doesn't work - matter of taste.

You should try before making up your mind.
Francois

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 05:36:54 pm »

Wacom (and other brands) do offer graphic tablets for less than $100. For some, it's the way to go and for some others it doesn't work - matter of taste.

You should try before making up your mind.
I have a Graphire 3, if I recall the product name correctly, that I've abandoned.

I didn't abandon it because it had any lack of precision or any such thing. I abandoned it for two reasons:

1) The pen was too fiddly.
2) The tablet is sensitive to the pen even a few millimeters above the pad. This was the killer non-feature for me.

Anyway, that's one of the tablets on the market. More expensive models may be better.
Jan

to-mas

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 07:31:53 am »

just yesterday i received this lovely tablet
Intuos3 A5
http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/products/i...?lang=en&pdx=32
with an active area of 203 x 152 mm, the Intuos3 A5 fits easily on your desktop or in your briefcase - this makes this size the perfect companion for users of notebook computers. The ultimate size for people whose ideas are bigger than their workplaces.

As all Intuos3 pen tablets, the Intuos3 A5 comes with the Intuos3 Grip Pen (including the Stroke and Felt Pen nib), the 5-button Intuos3 Mouse and the ExpressKeys as well as the Touch Strip on both sides of the tablet.

I cant tell you how good it is so far.

I will use it for retouch and masking and my girlfriend for painting.

Anyway I think you should think for what you need the tablet.

If you need just tu put your signature in email or on photo it doesnt matter which tablet you have

If you need just to do some retouch sometime, go for A6 basic wacom.

If you need to use it more offen, for mode detail work you can found that A6 is just to small.

But generally as I know the WACOM is leader and other mostly not worth it.

its not cheap but i have it together

Good Day Folks,
jj
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85917\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:32:32 am by to-mas »
Pages: [1]   Go Up