Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour Space BTW ACR and CS2  (Read 3598 times)

OpticalMedia

Colour Space BTW ACR and CS2
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:57:10 pm »

When I Balance my photos in ACR I use ProPhoto RGB. When I open my balnced photo in CS2 straight after it says "embedded profile mismatch" so i go with the option 'use the embeded profile (instead of working space)' My profile set for CS2 is AdobeRGB. However i do not know where to change this to ProPhoto in CS2 in order to stop this anoying warning each time. My monitor is profiled using a calibration kit from gretag macbeth. So is this change doing anything to my color space at all? I am merley using ProPhoto so that in the future if there are monitors that can display the full colour range, i would not have 'lost out' extra colors.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:51:21 pm »

When I Balance my photos in ACR I use ProPhoto RGB. When I open my balnced photo in CS2 straight after it says "embedded profile mismatch" so i go with the option 'use the embeded profile (instead of working space)' My profile set for CS2 is AdobeRGB. However i do not know where to change this to ProPhoto in CS2 in order to stop this anoying warning each time. My monitor is profiled using a calibration kit from gretag macbeth. So is this change doing anything to my color space at all? I am merley using ProPhoto so that in the future if there are monitors that can display the full colour range, i would not have 'lost out' extra colors.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85847\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just change the RGB working space to ProPhoto RGB OR keep the policy set to Preserve and turn off the Profile Mismatch warning. Then all files will simply open in the original color space (preserved).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

aksundevil

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:37 pm »

If you're using a PC, go to the edit menu and choose Color Settings. In the color settings dialogue box, click on the More Options button. Then select ProPhoto from the drop down menu for RGB working spaces. You should be good to go.

OpticalMedia

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:16:21 pm »

If you're using a PC, go to the edit menu and choose Color Settings. In the color settings dialogue box, click on the More Options button. Then select ProPhoto from the drop down menu for RGB working spaces. You should be good to go.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85855\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I couldnt actually find it listing ProPhoto but i changed the other stting for mismated profile and its fixed. Why is prophoto not listed in my CS2 color settings

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 05:23:31 pm »

Why is prophoto not listed in my CS2 color settings
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's there...you just have to click on the MORE OPTIONS in Color Settings to be able to scroll down the list and select it.

bjanes

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 09:08:32 am »

I am merley using ProPhoto so that in the future if there are monitors that can display the full colour range, i would not have 'lost out' extra colors.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree that it is wise to use ProPhotoRGB so as to preserve all the colors that you have captured with your digital camera. However, if you are making prints, the print is the format that has the most limited gamut. Examination of 3D gamut plots such as are available at the DryCreek web site is instructive. The best monitors such as the Eizo CG 220 can pretty much display the full aRGB gamut. Any monitor has a much higher dynamic range than a reflective print, which can have a 1:100 contrast ratio at best with a glossy surface.

If you look at the plot with aRGB, Eizo-CG220, and a Fuji Frontier with Crystal Archive Glossy paper, you will see that the gamut of the printer is considerably less than that of the monitor and aRGB space, except for a region of yellow with L of about 80. If you go to a LightJet 5000 with the same paper the gamut is slighter larger.

An Epson 4000 with glossy paper has a considerably larger gamut than the Crystal Archive Glossy paper. It can print greens and yellows well outside the aRGB gamut at L = 40-50 and 80 respectively.

[a href=\"http://drycreekphoto.com/tools/printer_gamuts/gamutmodel.html]http://drycreekphoto.com/tools/printer_gam...gamutmodel.html[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up