Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase in Lightroom  (Read 4029 times)

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
Phase in Lightroom
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:21:39 pm »

When I heard that you could open Phase files in Lightroom I gave it a try.

The problem is that it opens up cropped and 1-2 stops underexposed.

A P30 file in C1 is 6510 x 4888.

In Lightroom Beta 4.1 it is 6520 x 4265.

Any one nows why??

Willow
Willow Photography

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Phase in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:26:41 pm »

same here...no problem with underdev...the files look fine....but definitely cropped on bottom...checked file size in bridge....lightroom file is 122mb, the C1 file is 182mb...but the lightroom file opens in CS2 to a 156mb file????which actually makes more sense since 25mb seems about right for the missing data at the bottom...i will post this in the adobe LR forum....

James Russell

Phase in Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:09:41 pm »

same here...no problem with underdev...the files look fine....but definitely cropped on bottom...checked file size in bridge....lightroom file is 122mb, the C1 file is 182mb...but the lightroom file opens in CS2 to a 156mb file????which actually makes more sense since 25mb seems about right for the missing data at the bottom...i will post this in the adobe LR forum....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85484\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On the phase files they do crop the bottom, almost to the shape of a 35mm frame.  How strange.

That's a shame though Phase isn't in dire need of lightroom as C-1 works fine.

Leaf on the other hand needs this type of software for processing.  pscs processes the Leaf files very film like, but lightroom looks like it is going to be a completely different suite of software as the options are really overpowering.

Lightroom could turn out to be the great equalizer.

Now if lightroom would get to final and get a whole lot faster.

JR
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 06:27:21 pm by James Russell »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Phase in Lightroom
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 06:51:55 am »

Lightroom could turn out to be the great equalizer.

Now if lightroom would get to final and get a whole lot faster.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85516\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for the emotion dngs the lightroom conversions are by far the best at the moment, for my taste.
better than irident raw and far better than acr. completely different.....
the 6 color, sat + luminance sliders are doing a great work, i think its the work of michale tapes....
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

pixpop

Phase in Lightroom
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 01:18:10 pm »

when lr beta 4 first became available i tried a p25 test file. i made various adjustments to the file and was very impressed with the user interface and the ease with which i made the adjustments. it was a  lot of fun to use and very fast. a zoomed-out glance at the file seemed fine but, when i took a very close look at the file i noticed some strange streaky artifacts that were not present in the original p25 file. the c1 pro (v 3.7.6) file too was immaculate and did not exhibit any of these artifacts. it was very strange. i'll try it again at some point when i have the time, but i was very disappointed in the results of p25+lr beta 4 and will stick with c1 pro.

pp

nicolaasdb

• http://
Phase in Lightroom
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:39 pm »

I have been using lightroom for about 2 months now everday..first only for editorial work, but now for commercial jobs as well and I have to say the results are fantastic...the control of light and dark and the luminance shifter...wow!!

There are a couple of bugs...the images don't hold their crop once opened in Bridge etc but I think that Adobe will work the kinks away,

That it crops the bottom of your P30 files is very strange!! It shouldn't do that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up