Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing up multiple 1TB HDs onto multiple 500GB HD  (Read 2046 times)

m021478

Backing up multiple 1TB HDs onto multiple 500GB HD
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:48:02 pm »

I have 4 1TB hard drives that I am trying to backup onto 8 500GB hard drives. I have done this in the past manually, but its been a major headache, as I ususally have to split up folders across multiple drives to make it fit properly.

Can anyone recommend and application that would assist in this kind of backup procedure...in particular, one that would also allow me to synchronize/update the backup to reflect changes made to the source drives?

Thanks!

jani

• Øyet
Backing up multiple 1TB HDs onto multiple 500GB HD
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 07:48:51 am »

I have 4 1TB hard drives that I am trying to backup onto 8 500GB hard drives. I have done this in the past manually, but its been a major headache, as I ususally have to split up folders across multiple drives to make it fit properly.

Can anyone recommend and application that would assist in this kind of backup procedure...in particular, one that would also allow me to synchronize/update the backup to reflect changes made to the source drives?
Those "1TB hard drives" are most likely dual 500 GB drives in a box (1 TB drives are not yet commercially available), in which case you could, technically, use raw mirroring software to get the job done.

Acronis True Image has been recommended to me for backup and mirroring purposes, check out its features and see if it might do the job for you.

BTW, this isn't digital image processing.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up