Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contax 645 focusing problems  (Read 16957 times)

william

Contax 645 focusing problems
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 09:48:16 am »

I'm still working on this issue.  Would anyone be willing to send me a full length portrait done with the Contax 645 + P30 so I can compare to the issue I'm having?

Can you post some test images

F4, tripod,

you have those planks in your studio

Put a marker down, like a coin 3ft away and 10 ft away you should then ba able to see where is is acually focusing front or back

or if it is just going soft

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86053\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

robert zimmerman

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 08:17:30 am »

Hi Willem, I take it you've treid out other lenses at the same distances just to be sure it's a problem with the 140mm. This would seem like the easiest way to locate the source of the problem. It still doesn't mean that it's a problem with the lens, it might be your technique working at that distance with a long, heavy lens.
Just a thought, but wouldn't shooting a ruler on and off a tripod at different distances, with different lenses tell you if it's the 140mm or not?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:24:27 am by kipling »

william

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 09:33:16 am »

Yes, I'll be doing a ruler test, as a well as a side-by-side test with the P30, the Canon 5D and the Nikon D200 in the next week days to try to isolate the problem.

Hi Willem, I take it you've treid out other lenses at the same distances just to be sure it's a problem with the 140mm. This would seem like the easiest way to locate the source of the problem. It still doesn't mean that it's a problem with the lens, it might be your technique working at that distance with a long, heavy lens.
Just a thought, but wouldn't shooting a ruler on and off a tripod at different distances, with different lenses tell you if it's the 140mm or not?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88038\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up