Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions (IPF 5000)  (Read 4888 times)

ltr03

A couple of questions (IPF 5000)
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:12:53 am »

I received my printer a couple days ago and am very impressed so far    I do however, have a couple of questions (probably stupid ones  ) regarding the Photoshop plugin:

1) If I convert my photo to B&W in Photoshop should I chose monochrome in the output profile within the plugin, or just select my paper profile?

2) Should I assign the paper profile to my image in Photoshop then select none in the output profile section within the plugin or leave my image in adobe rgb and select the specific paper profile in the plugin?

3) How can I make multiple prints on a single sheet of paper using the plugin?

Any help would be appreciated!

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:39:52 am »

If you have not added any tint to the image then set the printer driver to monochrome. If you have tinted it, leave the output as colour.

Set Photoshop to "Let Photoshop manage colours" and then print using the appropriate printer profile.

The plugin isn't capable of printing multiple versions of the same image the way a RIP is. You'll need a rip or a print from a program such as Lightroom.

Michael

marcmccalmont

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 03:43:57 pm »

A work around for multiple prints using the plugin is to create a contact sheet using PS/contact sheet II and turn off the file names
Marc
Marc McCalmont

EdB

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 04:36:39 pm »

Actually they (Canon) claim the 16 bit plug in can make multiple prints like a RIP, BUT only in the Windows version.... there is an update on the canon site for it under support/downloads

ltr03

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 02:48:20 pm »

Actually they (Canon) claim the 16 bit plug in can make multiple prints like a RIP, BUT only in the Windows version.... there is an update on the canon site for it under support/downloads
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, I went to the Canon site to look for the update, but didn't see one for the plugin  have you downloaded it?

Also how do you avoid the the 1" boarder on the bottom of the print when you use the tray feeder to print on art paper?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 02:48:54 pm by ltr03 »

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 09:35:39 am »

I may not actually have the answer you need - but generally - I wanted the borders to be smaller on my cassette sourced papers (also). Currently what I am doing for 8.5x11 sheets printing with uniform ~2mm borders all sides (this establishes that the printer is capable of it at this size for certain). Printing from the plug in - using proof window 2 - that one shows any of image outside of printing on page area - and - in my case - resizing until it shows even borders. Then I print with 2 mm borders top bottom and sides. A place to start perhaps for you.
Gary
Hmm, I went to the Canon site to look for the update, but didn't see one for the plugin  have you downloaded it?

Also how do you avoid the the 1" boarder on the bottom of the print when you use the tray feeder to print on art paper?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85202\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

EdB

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 02:06:58 pm »

Quote from: ltr03,Nov 14 2006, 03:48 PM

Go here and scroll down past the Poster Artist updates...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...0&modelid=13098

Ed

EdB

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 02:08:51 pm »

Quote from: EdB,Nov 16 2006, 03:06 PM
Quote from: ltr03,Nov 14 2006, 03:48 PM

Go here and scroll down past the Poster Artist updates...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...0&modelid=13098

Sorry, forgot to add the blurb from the site....

"Printer Driver Extra Kit is the expansion module for imagePROGRAF Printer Driver.

Install this module to add the two extra functions to imagePROGRAF Printer Driver: free layout function allowing the user to arrange multiple images as desired when printing on roll paper, and enlarged copy function using the Color imageRUNNER MFC."

EdB - NB: Only works on Windows machines.... grrrrrrrrrrrr

marcmccalmont

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 03:36:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure the print driver extra function is for the 8 bit windows driver not the 16 bit PS plugin I downloaded it and it modified the 8 bit print with preview menu but no change to the export/iPF5000 16 bit plugin? The contact sheet II works ok for multiple prints.
Marc
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:56:16 pm by marcmccalmont »
Marc McCalmont

EdB

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 08:48:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure the print driver extra function is for the 8 bit windows driver not the 16 bit PS plugin I downloaded it and it modified the 8 bit print with preview menu but no change to the export/iPF5000 16 bit plugin? The contact sheet II works ok for multiple prints.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85663\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since I'm not running a Windows machine I cant tell you what it does, just what the site claims.

Personally I just create a document that is the size of the paper I have/want to use and then select all/copy layers and paste into a new layer however many images that can fit on that page. Only takes a minute or two. No big deal.

EdB

ltr03

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 12:04:21 am »

Since I'm not running a Windows machine I cant tell you what it does, just what the site claims.

Personally I just create a document that is the size of the paper I have/want to use and then select all/copy layers and paste into a new layer however many images that can fit on that page. Only takes a minute or two. No big deal.

EdB
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85732\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have been using Qimage "print to file" function (to create a 8.5x11 multiple print sheet), then loading into Photoshop and printing it through the plug-in. I was wondering if the "contact-sheet" function in Photoshop degrades the quality at all? Or does it do the same thing as Qimage?

I am still waiting for my roll-feeder to try out the upgraded driver option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up