Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SilverRag, splotchy spots, print head height  (Read 3480 times)

sgwrx

SilverRag, splotchy spots, print head height
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:52:43 pm »

i just completed a print on 13x19 silver rag, there are splotchy areas that are lighter than the surrounding area.  i don't detect any particular directionality to these splotches, but could it be that i need to change the print head height on my R2400?  could these be coming from the print head hitting the paper.  i'm using the manual-roll feeder and i select epson premium luster in the printer driver, best photo. they are not all over the print, but clustered in certain areas.

i in fact printed the same image again only on actual epson premium luster using the sheet feeder, and no splotches.

thanks

steve

dbell

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:30 pm »

i just completed a print on 13x19 silver rag, there are splotchy areas that are lighter than the surrounding area.  i don't detect any particular directionality to these splotches, but could it be that i need to change the print head height on my R2400?  could these be coming from the print head hitting the paper.  i'm using the manual-roll feeder and i select epson premium luster in the printer driver, best photo. they are not all over the print, but clustered in certain areas.

i in fact printed the same image again only on actual epson premium luster using the sheet feeder, and no splotches.

thanks

steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I may be misdiagnosing your problem, but I get better results on Silver Rag using the Premium Semigloss driver setting. At least with my printer (also a 2400), the Premium Lustre setting lays down too much ink. You might also try decreasing the ink density incrementally and see if that helps.

--
Daniel Bell

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:24:24 am »

i just completed a print on 13x19 silver rag, there are splotchy areas that are lighter than the surrounding area.  i don't detect any particular directionality to these splotches, but could it be that i need to change the print head height on my R2400?  could these be coming from the print head hitting the paper.  i'm using the manual-roll feeder and i select epson premium luster in the printer driver, best photo. they are not all over the print, but clustered in certain areas.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you think that it might be contact with the printhead, you might want to check your settings in the driver's "Paper Configuration" menu.  The "Paper Thickness" for premium lustre is around .3 mm, whereas for silver rag, you might want it to be around .5mm to .7mm.

Hope this helps,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

sgwrx

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:10:16 pm »

thanks both.  i must be the thickness setting.  i thought i heard that the print head would change height based on either the paper selection or the paper source.  i'm going to try the premium semi setting and then try the 'thick paper' setting in the driver.  time to stop thinking about it and try it!  dan thanks for sharing the results you get with premium semi setting.

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:27:03 pm »

I also use Premium Semigloss (250). I have no problems
Cheers,
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up