Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf 5000 Media Setting, Cost  (Read 2002 times)

KSG Find Anawers

Canon ipf 5000 Media Setting, Cost
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:08:24 pm »

My Canon Image Prograf ipf 5000 arrived Firday!!!!! Can't wait to get started.
Can anyone tell me the correct media setting on Canon's Image Prograf ipf 5000 is for Neenah's Classic Linen 80c 216 g/m?  Can you estimate the cost of printing 4-4 by 6 photos totaling 4 greeting cards on 17 by 22 media? I'm considering this media and size for now to print my photos on the greeting cards I write. Any knowledge in this area is appreciated. Darlene

Gary Damaskos

Canon ipf 5000 Media Setting, Cost
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:25:18 pm »

KSG -
 it may be obvious to others, but I believe for you to include (especially for this printer) more details about the media - ie, roll, then what width, sheet, then what size. And read the media guide and determine what choices exist for the media configuration (roll, sheet etc). That is your first list. Your second list is of those choices which black is appropriate for this media (you need to know that). Now you have a short list. You could then experiement pretty inexpensively with a standard target or known image. Just some food for thought.
Gary

My Canon Image Prograf ipf 5000 arrived Firday!!!!! Can't wait to get started.
Can anyone tell me the correct media setting on Canon's Image Prograf ipf 5000 is for Neenah's Classic Linen 80c 216 g/m?  Can you estimate the cost of printing 4-4 by 6 photos totaling 4 greeting cards on 17 by 22 media? I'm considering this media and size for now to print my photos on the greeting cards I write. Any knowledge in this area is appreciated. Darlene
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up